1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS4 B7 in this months EVO mag.

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5 and B7 Chassis)' started by Soupie69uk, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

[Jan 5, 2006]
    I have just read the article.

They give the RS4 rave reviews.

Here are a few quotes.

" You can often hear the RS4 tearing towards irs red line, even when you're driving one of the other cars"

"It's just so fast. The engine is a monster, and the way it deals with the nasty roads is very un-Audi-like. The gearchange is fantastic, the steering is smooth and consistant. And those eight-pot brakes are superb. Phwoar!"

"The Audi's engine is one of the greatest. It gives the RS4 a soul"

It got 5 stars as did the M3 CS and the C55 got 4.

Here is the verdict.

"After ten minutes behind the wheel the RS4 was my winner. Its got the looks the interior, the edge on performance. Forty-eight hours later, the deft balance and awesome adjustability and sheer exuberance of the M3 CS seemed insurmountable."

It then goes on abit more about the M3 then says:-

"The M3 is still the all-conquering action hero. Did i mention there's a new one out later this year?"

So there you go folks although they finally choose the M3 the RS4 still seems superb!!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Jan 7, 2006]
    Yeah but he is reviewing the RS4 against the older M3 model...... and it still beat the RS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  4. WHITEY_1

WHITEY_1 Member

[Jan 19, 2006]
    I totally disagree with anyone who can say that the old m3 is better than the RS4. In the U.K most people take on what jeremy clarkson says about cars in Top Gear, he picks out the finest points and weakest points in every car he tries out. I think you either like a bmw or an audi and the RS4 is putting the wind straight up the backs of bmw fans, deep down they know the RS4 is better than the bmw m3 by leaps and bounds, I even think it will be better than the new bmw m3!
    LINK to Audi rs4 on top gear!
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5252945100827089880 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif
  5. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Feb 3, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    In the U.K most people take on what jeremy clarkson says about cars in Top Gear, he picks out the finest points and weakest points in every car he tries out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

Clarkson is an over-opinionated oaf...albeit a great entertainer...but balanced journalism? I think not.

His dislike of all things Porsche is the obvious one...how can one man have a polar opposite view of almost everyone else on the planet who claims to love driving...and claim that everyone else has got it wrong?

Personally, no matter how funny and entertaining I find JC...I take his car reviews with a pinch of salt.
  6. davidbastock

davidbastock New Member

[Feb 3, 2006]
    Your absolutely right.

BUT, I was in an Audi dealership a coule of days ago chatting to salesman. After Clarkson's review of the RS4. (quote " the new M3 would have to come with a free moon to be better than the RS4") the dealer sold three off the back of that the next day. Like him or loathe him, when it comes to cars people listen.
  7. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Feb 3, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Like him or loathe him, when it comes to cars people listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely...
    Look what his comments did for the Vectra!
  8. WHITEY_1

WHITEY_1 Member

[Feb 3, 2006]
    I dont agree with everything that clarkson says but what I was getting at is that people take on board what he says. For example when clarkson said driving an old audi was like driving a car with a horse nailed to the bonnet people think now that the old audi have **** handling. Ican vouch for that first hand as my butty was in a local pub and they were giving him **** over what clarkson said about the old Audi A4's.
  9. WHITEY_1

WHITEY_1 Member

[Feb 3, 2006]
    What did he say about the Vectra! did not see that 1
  10. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

[Feb 8, 2006]
    Gosh you missed the Vectra!!

Was years ago, he totally negative towards it and they even had him refusing totest the car until someone called him and made him do it.

Vauxhall were not best pleased.
  11. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Feb 9, 2006]
    didn't he do the same with a mondeo? Seem to remember something about a tub of Lard being towed around a track?
  12. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

[Feb 11, 2006]
    How about when (Ah haaa) Alan Partridge got a Lexus, made the Lexus IS sales crash that year.
  13. davidbastock

davidbastock New Member

[Feb 11, 2006]
    Well frankly ( In a Clarkson kinda way) I think the man's a God after his review of the RS4 and I went straight out and bought one.
  14. wild-rs4-man

wild-rs4-man New Member

[Jan 5, 2007]
    i was looking at the RS4 and thinking should i get it but I had no real need.

Then i watched the video of Clarkson with the RS4 ,,,,,,, the very next day i went and placed an order for one,,,,,,

like it or lump it Clarkson has such a influance on the whole motoring world

ie ,:hubbahubba: he hated the crossfire,,, and so did a lot of people after watcing the show, everytime i see one on the road i think of a dog having a number 2 !
  15. MiguelMcTyson

MiguelMcTyson I'll make him an offer he can't refuse

[Jan 6, 2007]
    Tripe, Evo are talking about the M3 CS for a start which has the steering rack and brake upgrades from the CSL, plus it cost £42k and it's a coupe not a saloon and it has a 50/50 weight ditribution oh and rear wheel drive with a superb LSD, oh and it's a 5 year old car and the 4 litre V8 will be out later this year, in fact, check out this months Car magazine for details.

[​IMG]

p.s. Yes I've got my deposit down.
  16. MiguelMcTyson

[Jan 6, 2007]
    Did I mention you can get a convertible,

[​IMG]
  17. MiguelMcTyson

18. ZeroK66

ZeroK66 Member

[Jan 9, 2007]
    I too take what clarkson says with a pinch of salt.

The RS4 all round is a more capable car. You cant compare a light weight stripped coupe with the RS4? That is simply not fair. Compare it to the new M3 v8 saloon, the M3 will almost certainly be the better drivers car.

But I could not stand watching my t/c light flash at every junction, roundabout etc etc for 9-10 months of the year. God my g/f 1.2 polo is a struggle at times when giving it just a little. My S4 wtih 500HP is a pussy cat and I can put my foot down in any weather condition and feel completely comfortable and safe in the knowledge I will get from A-B as safely as possible.

They are two different cars aimed at two different markets. I am sure I may own a BMW one day and learn to love it for what it is. I will never buy another Audi, nor recommend one as Audi UK do not understand the first thing about customer care... however, Audi Germany produce a great product.

What do I buy next? A volvo AWD? C'mon BMW... unleash a 4wd beastie please!