1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rs4 b5 short shifter

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5 and B7 Chassis)' started by twostrokepower, Oct 30, 2009.

1. twostrokepower

twostrokepower Member

[Oct 30, 2009]
    anyone no where i can buy a good short shifter for my b5 rs4 in the uk thats got it in stock ? as car is having new clutch fitted next week so would be a good time to fit

si
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. AudiMaz

AudiMaz Member

[Oct 30, 2009]
    Could try QST. When i wanted mine, i asked on the day and it was done. I presume they carried them in stock.

Not sure about other companies, but there is no harm in ringing a few of them.

Which type of short shifter are you after? Tonoga's the one i'd recommend :thumbsup:
  4. stoakseya4

stoakseya4 Active Member

[Nov 1, 2009]
    2-stroke - the SS doesn't need fitting while the clutch is out. Can be done anytime, unless you mean you'll get someone to do it for you?

Can try ESP Engineering, they have a GB going on SRS Forum. Can try QST as mentioned, or AMD. Could try the one advertised on EBAY for £30, which is apparently ok. Can try the JHM one which gets rave reviews, but doubt you'd get it in time. The other one is an AWE one...

Personally, I'd be going for an ESP one, coupled with a weighted gear knob, which makes the gear movement alot more precise. Perhaps also couled with a DTS or Gearbox brace to tie it all together. That's the recommeneded mod if going for a SS...

PM me for any further info !!
  5. evocos

evocos Member

[Nov 2, 2009]
    I've got the tonoga on mine,very happy with it but it does make the gear change slightly more notchy,but you get used to it.
    Mine was done at qst with the stage 3 mtm conversion.
    Mrc or unit 20 would also do this. I use unit 20 for all my work now and i'm very happy with the results
  6. mikeyquattro

mikeyquattro RS4 Still not fast enough

[Nov 12, 2009]
    If you do get the ESP S/S, get their weighted gearknob too. Makes changes less 'notchy'