Rs4 arb bush update

James.c

Reaction score
For those that didn't know I bought a new rear anti roll bar from the rs4 along with new brackets bolts and drop links. Also some black powerflex bushes. Came to fit and the bushes didn't seem big enough as there was a massive gap

a0ba54283c4ff4d6b21586c1b1c70d42.jpg

But as it was stupid o'clock on Friday night and I was already balls deep I just fit it and left it asked a few questions on here and emailed the eBay seller of the bushes. Iv had a measure and the actual bar is 22mm it the plastic sleeve where the stops are was about 23mm and the pushes where 22mm so you would have thought it wouldn't have been too bad.

The new brackets are bigger than the old ones the old ones are a tight fit when the bush is on the bar and won't even go on when the bush is on the plastic bit where they are meant to be.
9086b994a603e829c0ccd9957893d871.jpg

Been driving it all weekend and it feels class! I just don't want to keep it like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I
A leave it how it is because it feels good and pretend I know nothing about it
B send the bushes back and get some oem from my mate at the dealer where I got the bar from
C cut the plastic sleeve and use the old brackets so it's a smaller gap and tighter?
D see what the seller says but I dot want to fit the old bar back on so I either don't use the car while I send them back to get replacements or try and get the seller to send me new ones before I send these back, but I'm sure 22mm is the largest bush I have seen on eBay for b7 rear arb's I have a video of the bracket tightness but don't know how to upload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be inclined to go back to the OEM rubber bushes if it was me. Just because those black poly bushes are viciously hard!