1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS4 alloys paint match

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by martyboy, Nov 9, 2009.

1. martyboy

martyboy Member

[Nov 9, 2009]
    hi, just noticed a little blemish on my new rs4's, and i was wondering if anyone could advise me on what would be the best colour touch-up paint to get.
    i know some people in the past have advised on different colour paints for different alloys, but i cant find any mentioned for the rs4's.
    cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Nov 9, 2009]
    I'm guessing they're 2nd hand alloys? What kind of blemish, bubbling or have they been scratched etc. TBH, I haven't heard of people mentioning different paint codes, usually they rely of somebody refurbishing the wheel getting it right.
  4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Nov 9, 2009]
    Looking at Etka there are several part numbers for the wheels and all execpt one just give the colour as Silver.

Wheel part number 8E0 601 025 BE which is a 9Jx19 wheel lists a colour as 8AU-TITAN.
  5. jameo84

jameo84 Member

[Nov 9, 2009]
    Hey marty ill need to keep an eye out for your a3 with the new wheels on. I used to use a halfrauds Ford moondust silver touch up kit on my old 18" bsa wheels and it was spot on.
  6. martyboy

martyboy Member

[Nov 9, 2009]
    its just that the rs4's seem a little darker in colour than my original alloys.
    it is an inch long scratch that has started a little bubbling around it, nothing major.
    aye paul, give us a toot if our paths cross!!! :racer: