RS4 alloy sizes.

Dan Gliballs

Reaction score
Could somebody refresh me again please on the size of B5 RS4 alloys.

Aren't the genuine ones a little too wide for a 'non-arched' S4?

I have RS4 replicas on at the moment and off the top of my head they are 8J,............aren't genuine ones 8.5J? (or was it 7.5J and 8J respectively?).

I'd like to get some genuine Audi wheels and the genuine ones that pop up on Ebay tend to have the 225 40 18 tyres on that I have now. So, were the ones fitted to the TT a slightly narrower version of the RS4 ones?

Cheers ladies.

TT ones are 5x100 stud pattern and tend to be 8x18
genuien RS ones are 8.5 as PW stated.
IMO they are not as nice to drive on as 8" rims. I would love to get back to 8jx18's and sometimes genuine RS4 winter wheels come up on german ebay.
saw some 7.5" ET20 OEM RS wheels but i missed out on them

Yeah, I've heard a few times that the replicas can be easier to live with.

So the 'TT' ones are the ones to go for then? Any buckling issues with them?

"TT" ones are 5x100 so wont fit.

You'll need some replicas in the correct 5x112 fitment, with the correct offset for an A4. ET20 is too much for standard arches.

And don't forget that genuine RS4 rims are rather prone to buckling.

only the older "soft" ones, most of which have been replaced under a no cost warranty deal.
very rare to find an original RS4 with soft ones on now. unless it has changed hands a lot and the owners never had a problem with them

"TT" ones are 5x100 so wont fit.

You'll need some replicas in the correct 5x112 fitment

Ahh, well that changes things somewhat lol

Never knew that.

It's just that I need a couple of tyres very soon and I didn't fancy spending on rubber and rim refurbing on replicas if I could've had some kind of originals.

Think I'll just go buy my tyres as per Plan A then.

only the older "soft" ones, most of which have been replaced under a no cost warranty deal.
very rare to find an original RS4 with soft ones on now. unless it has changed hands a lot and the owners never had a problem with them

Not true, the Hard rims are still prone to buckling as well, although not as badly as the soft ones. There were many threads over on RS246 on the subject.

Reading an old post the other day, it's the S-line wheels from a B6 which will fit the B5 S4 without problems. They look exactly the same as the B5 RS4 rims but come in 8J and I think ET43.

Not true, the Hard rims are still prone to buckling as well, although not as badly as the soft ones. There were many threads over on RS246 on the subject.

any wheel will buckle but the soft ones were a joke. it was like a plastercine model the way they collapsed.
The problem was that Audi would replace the soft ones under warranty and then if there was a problem with the replacements they refused to discuss it.

am looking for an RS4 Et20-24 wheel at the moment myself (not a soft one!!) if anyone knows or has one. any style, just need a spare

Yes, as late model A3's have a PCD of 112, whereas the earlier models had a PCD of 100.