RS4 5th Gear waste of time (again)

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
Well that was a real M3/RS4 shootout (not).
M3 scores high on ability to get totally sideways, that's always high up on my agnda when buying a car. I think we've all seen enough Beemers in ditches after a bend to work that one out. Hats off to Tiff though for getting the RS4 at right angles to the road, didn't think that was possible without spinning.

yes on again late tonight i think, but tbh its not worth the watch any more unless you like annoying chav birds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
yes on again late tonight i think, but tbh its not worth the watch any more unless you like annoying chav birds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Right up your street then TDI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yes it's on at midnight tonight, definately one for sky+ as there's a lot of fast forwarding needed.

I actually enjoyed an M3 getting whipped 7 times from a standing start and like someone said above...fair play to Tiff for getting a car so sideways and recovering it!! What is a M3 CS though, did they mean CSL?

Yep was good to see no matter what they tried they couldn't make the RS4 lose, however It should have won the drifiting think on the angles too!

There is an M3 CS it's like the comfortable version of the the CSL.

I actually started to feel sorry for the beemer, 5 years old and up against the latest & greatest super Audi.
Surely they should have waited and tested it against the new M3. With a much closer spec it would have been far more interesting to see the differences round the track. I guess when they get offered an RS4 to review what else in the same class would they stick it up against?

Well i reckon the New M3 will kick the RS4 *** when it comes out. No way is BMW gonna let Audi take the top spot for the super saloons without a good fight first. And they have the advantage as they already know the Audi's strengths and weakness- which aint many! Lets just wait and see what happens!

Well it's gonna be 400bhp from a V8, so it'll be very close, but rear wheel drive will be its Achilles heal as usual.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right up your street then TDI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well it's gonna be 400bhp from a V8, so it'll be very close, but rear wheel drive will be its Achilles heal as usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but with BMW gadjets it'l have launch control etc aswell dont forget...

Well let's see what they make of the S6 that's on tomorrow (8th).

Apparently they take it over to Germany and (try to) get it up to 155 mph on the autobahns.

Launch control limits power.. and hooww many times are you going to set it up to play the traffic lite GP you'll be bord in a week!

With 4wd you, the family and the people around u are safe!

With 4WD you can just dump the clutch hehehehehe