1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 Spoiler opinions

Chris Eaton Mar 13, 2014

1. Chris Eaton

Chris Eaton Member

Hi, I recently bought the RS3 style spoiler for my 3 door. It's currently in black primer. I can't decide what colour to have it.

Do I have it white like my car ?
    Or do I wrap the roof black and wrap the spoiler black ?

This is the spoiler just resting on my car in primer. (excuse that my car is filthy from work)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Moderator VCDS Map User

I'd go for black roof wrap / match spoiler to that. Does the RS3 spoiler normally have contrasting side edges?

3. Chris Eaton

Chris Eaton Member

I think it does have the side edges a different colour normally but I think that would be too much on my car.

I'm still very undecided and it's annoying me lol

4. Greenwood

Greenwood Its a Deeerv thing

id say same as warren pal, ive got my roof wrapped black and my spoiler the same so it all matches up and stands out

5. discostu49

discostu49 Active Member

Is that a replica spoiler of eBay or is it a real one, I'm looking to buy one and heard the reps are a ****** to fit ??

6. Chris Eaton

Chris Eaton Member

It's the replica off eBay. There isn't a real RS3 3 door spoiler as they only made it in 5 door.

I'll be honest the fit of the replica isn't very good. It doesn't sit well on my boot lid and Iv had to file down some of the edges to make it square. In my opinion it's worth doing though because its the nicest spoiler around :)

7. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Got a link to the spoiler on eBay please?

8. JimboS3

JimboS3 Active Member

Doesn't look right on 3dr :/ should have spent your ££ on side skirts!!

9. TDI_TIM

TDI_TIM Top Gear

Thanks for posting this has just made me want it more now! I think it looks great mate!

I will be buying the RS3 spoiler for my black edition 3door (also white) soon too and I think I will go for a gloss black roof and spoiler wrap. At the same time though I will be lowering it and adding on the S3 side skirts :) cant wait!!

10. grchmason

grchmason Active Member

I can not agree more!

JimboS3 likes this.
  11. Chris Eaton

Chris Eaton Member

Love the skirts !
    I'd like to get them but it's too much money and work for me :/

12. Chris Eaton

Chris Eaton Member

Just a quick update on this thread. I decided on black for my roof and spoiler. Here are two pics to show the outcome :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Westy likes this.
  13. David_S3

David_S3 New Member

Looks great! just need an RS3 Grill ;)

14. TDI_TIM

TDI_TIM Top Gear

Looks great mate - gloss wrap or paint?

15. Chris Eaton

Chris Eaton Member

Wrap for the roof, mirrors and diffuser. I had the spoiler painted then :)

16. TDI_TIM

TDI_TIM Top Gear

How come you painted the spoiler and wrapped the rest? cost? looks? Any more pics? (or on a different thread?)

17. TDI_TIM

TDI_TIM Top Gear

Also - was this the Xclusive Customz spoiler? If so, what is your honest review in regards to price, quality, looks etc.. I see that they do a full RS3 kit for a 3 door.... not that I'd go down that route, but im interested in their RS3 rear bumper and RS3 spoiler

18. S3_Jacko

S3_Jacko Well-Known Member

Looks a lot better now you have the roof done too....

19. hollows wife

hollows wife Well-Known Member

Xclusive customs spoiler is a poor fit and needs modding from day 1 . curve of spoiler does not match roof ,brake light is a poor fit and needs modding , rear bumper fits in a fashion ,has to be filled ,sanded etc as it does not meet the curves of the car correctly .

i know i fitted and painted one for my own car .

20. TDI_TIM

TDI_TIM Top Gear

Hollow - do you have any pics? before / during / after? I would be interested in seeing them. Also is yours a 3 or 5 door? Cheers

21. Bramley

Bramley Member

Sorry but I think this looks way too much for the 3 door, too big

22. hollows wife

hollows wife Well-Known Member

I dont have any pics but sure my brother in law took some , mines a 5 door , can put a pic up tomorrow of it fitted (by myself) thats why i know for definate there a poor fit . Still got a slight leak around the brake light original hole in the tailgate ,used a near on full tube of sikaflex adhesive on it as well , but there so uneven underneath.

also have the side skirts to fit as well , had to cut the end off one and extend it 15 mm .think the guy who made the moulds had one eye and that must have been a wonky one .

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  23. Chris Eaton

Chris Eaton Member

Just to finish off this thread as I forgot about it. Here is my 3 door with the RS3 style spoiler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before the spoiler

[​IMG]