1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 service intervals

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum' started by S3 AD, Nov 21, 2013.

1. S3 AD

S3 AD Member

My RS3 has started the 1000 mile count down to service number 2, I currently have just over 16k on it. I am not saying its way to soon, but wanted to find out how quickly service number 2 has come round for others. Also does anyone know what the rough cost should be?
  2. Kelza

Kelza MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

3. monkeyboy_marcus

monkeyboy_marcus Member

Had the second service around 19k miles. Be aware, all new speak plugs required, which pushed the price up. Can't recall exactly what it was in total but circa £350.00 I think… Will look into it tmw.
  4. S3 AD

S3 AD Member

Any idea's what would speed up the need for a service? I had my stage 2+ S3 switched to fixed service (10k or 12 months) from varaible. When it was on variable it was usually about 14 - 15k inbetween services. Different car and different engine but I expectedabout the same
  5. Veneeringman

Veneeringman Bazinga

I think a lot of stop/start driving and short journeys will mean it needs servicing more frequent.
    S3 AD likes this.
  6. S3 AD

S3 AD Member

cheers, I definatly dont do a lot of short journey but have ended up in some pretty awful traffic over the last few months so I guess that may explain it.