RS3 PICTURES AND VIDEO ONLY

At South Hereford Audi earlier today, highly impressed with the dealership and more on that story later, in another section.

Look at what was just outside the main doors - R8 V10 Plus S-tronic with Ceramics oohhh lovely.

The business and sales managers are proper petrol heads, they were loving the RS3 and had lots of great stories about their own and various customer antics. I would have had a shot in their red RS6 demo too but it was out at the time!

It's a week of Audi based adventures so more later!

i might have been one of those story's as that's my local Audi dealer you were only 20mins away from me haha should have popped by to say hey.

You could well have been, they told me they sold their 2 demo RS3s quickly, they like RS models and R8s! RS4, RS6, R8 V10 Spider and the R8 V10 plus all together! Seems a good dealership, impressed with the attitude and friendly chat with customers.

You could well have been, they told me they sold their 2 demo RS3s quickly, they like RS models and R8s! RS4, RS6, R8 V10 Spider and the R8 V10 plus all together! Seems a good dealership, impressed with the attitude and friendly chat with customers.

The RS models are wolf's in sheep's clothing alright and definitely disproportionate to the dady of the family - I.e. R8 - but only in terms of 0-60.

Granted the R8 is simply awesomely pleasing to the eye, with even a 5 year old V8 still carrying the respect of a real supercar. They sound awesome too and let's face it, they are the dream of all Audi owners at some stage or another.

However, put the RS3 alongside a V8 one from a standing start and if the opposition is not focussed they could end up smoked......a guy in my estate is convinced mine has been 'modified' when we occasionally sit side by side every other week as we head to work.....he now appreciates that Black is the fastest :)

I would guess that could be the same in an APR tuned RS3, with a track driver tootling along on the welsh twisties when all of a sudden a V10 baby hits the rear view mirror and "ka chow" says lightning :)

Reactions: 45bvtc
All good points Elton, no one 'needs' an R8 but I still can't help wanting one it's a true object of desire. The sales and business managers at South Hereford Audi are proper petrol heads, one has an Elise the other quite a special Nova rally car! They were loving y RS3 too. When I said "one day" about buying the V10 Stronic they both said "you'll have more fun in the RS3" - now they might have been being nice but they seemed to mean it. I need the space and practicality for now so the V10 remains a one day car for me - but I would like the upgraded Stronic box in the next RS3!

I was actually there collecting this A1 with my Dad but you can't help but admire the R8s and RS cars on show:

Got to chuckle at the sign in the background...urm I don't think so!

And finally the lovely wavy brakes, appearing on many a replica soon I suspect!

Reactions: Kelza and 45bvtc
All good points Elton, no one 'needs' an R8 but I still can't help wanting one it's a true object of desire. The sales and business managers at South Hereford Audi are proper petrol heads, one has an Elise the other quite a special Nova rally car! They were loving y RS3 too. When I said "one day" about buying the V10 Stronic they both said "you'll have more fun in the RS3" - now they might have been being nice but they seemed to mean it. I need the space and practicality for now so the V10 remains a one day car for me - but I would like the upgraded Stronic box in the next RS3!

I was actually there collecting this A1 with my Dad but you can't help but admire the R8s and RS cars on show:
/QUOTE]

You are definitely right mate - your shots of the V10 are simply orgasmic and even if our RS3's were a second faster, if I'm being honest I wouldn't give a monkey's if I had the keys to this baby. Infact I've just done a search on Audi used cars for R8 V10's and then sorted by cheapest first - got a 60 plate Spider with 18k for £72k and I began to think......instead of buying another RS3 in April following a full refund on my first one, instead I could have added £10k and then maybe negotiated a few k off the list price and settled for a small and modest £10-15k finance. When I ran this by "her indoors" for approval, she said "you may have just hit 40 and began entering a mid life crisis but unless you want to become a MR Bobit go get a tattoo or a stud!!" So back to reality ;-)

Nice looking A1....side by side I'm thinking "mini me" ;-)

Mini me, I like it!

A V10 R8 and A1 runabout would be happy fleet for me. My Mrs was also set against an R8 after a friend bought one and started getting rather too much of the 'wrong' sort of attention - in the Mrs eyes anyway. She has changed her mind recently though after seeing the R8 V10 Stronic advert...she actually said "oooh you have to get one of them" and even better "we don't need 4 seats in your car"!! Still this won't be happening just yet!

this section of the forum is just FILTH haha :wub:. one day I will have my very own RS3. Hopefully in the not so distant future :sly:

Reactions: MBK and 45bvtc
IMG 0585 zps7e960678Second coat of Collinite 476 wax applied ready for winterView attachment 22289

Reactions: 45bvtc and MBK
This is definitely worth watching as the scenery is just amazing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: stetheo and Mr_Freeze
that's 9mins 50secs of my life wasted on this rubbish video.
I thought he was gonna fall off the cliff, hit the cyclist or get nicked
by the rozzers.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Mr_Freeze
Wheres all the Racing Micas guys? ... by far to me the most pant wetting colour available on the Rs3.... i've got 2 scratchcards to scratch at the moment... fingers crossed haha

IMG 0618IMG 0611   Version 2First wash since applying the Collinite 476 ,the car was absolutely filthy due to the bad weather.IMG 0615

Reactions: 45bvtc and Mr_Freeze
Thank you.

I'm told there's only this one in Cornflower blue; it was a 'special order', not by me I might add. Fortunately, for me, the original customer decided he didn't want it and post delivery advertised on line: thank you, thank you, and thank you.... It was mine with delivery miles.

Interestingly, 'Bagey' posted a photo of this car taken on its first day out, sans registration plates, in Newcastle-upon-Tyne (original suppliers were Audi Newcastle-upon-Tyne), and he thought it purple. I nearly fell of my chair when I saw his post; see: RS3 Discussion Thread: Post #713 dated 13th September 2011; and then Posts: #746, 751, etc.

It really is an unusual (old VAG) colour that does change with differing light: we love it!

Enjoy, we do...

Do you live in Newcastle?? I bought my Misano Red RS3 from there and live not too far from Newcastle Audi

Do you live in Newcastle?? I bought my Misano Red RS3 from there and live not too far from Newcastle Audi

No Fletch, in Staffordshire. My RS3 came into the UK via Newcastle Audi, was ordered by the classic Ferrari agents DK Engineering (but the owner preferred his BMW :yahoo: and so they advertised the car on PistonHeads and I was fortunate, having just sold my Lotus Elan Sprint after 37-years of ownership, to have the cash available to bring Bluey back to Staffordshire - and that's where she's staying for some time yet.

The Elan and the RS3 have surprisingly similar road manners...

P1010970MA29781501-0001_zpsb6e32644.jpg

Ya see, I like small, quick cars; lots of 'go' in a small envelope, and the RS3 is just that. Tried the TTRS but much prefer our 2.0 TT; just have to work it a bit more, and that's fun too. Tried the RS4 (I like it lots but a fun 9.7mpg and getting bigger...); the S5 and RS6 are fast but loosing the 'quick', neither of which would do well on the ducking and diving roads I regularly drive. Same for the R8, it's too big mannnn…. and everyone notices the R8 way before you've arrived anyway. No, the RS3 sans badges for me is a right laugh! The number of people who ask: "pray tell me sir what sort of A3 is that", or words to that effect, makes it so worthwhile…

Last edited:
Reactions: T-800, Mr_Freeze, Kelza and 1 other person
VBH, the thinking mans crumpet. Unfortunately she knows squat about our beloved RS3. Just listen to her deliver the spec of the car, see if you spot her error?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cornflower blue in all it's glory...

BlueyatShorade_zps87a2bc48.jpg

Go see Post #713 on the "RS3 Discussion Thread" and you'll see why 'bagy' said (13th September 2011): "seen this yesterday on my way to work purple rs3", it's all in the overhead lighting...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelza and L1ARR
DSC 2371
The only red chrome Audi Rs3 Sportback in Thailand.
DSC 2294

With Revotechnik High Flow Air intake system and customized exhaust system.
DSC 1438
IMG 8965
IMG 6672
DSC 1480 2

Hope you enjoy pics :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hookmonster, mookster, mikers4 and 4 others
A show of Misano red strength this morning

6d07d60f-a249-40f7-ad5d-09cc3af8ac08.jpg

Reactions: 45bvtc and Kelza
My RS3 - a few pics taken quickly after first clean (also done quickly as it was naffing cold ..)
First rinse off the salt ...
IMG 0006

Snow foam followed by 2 bucket wash and rinse then towel dry ... at which point i had no feelings in my fingers

IMG 0008
Loving the seats and glad I waited for a car that has them
IMG 0011
IMG 0024

Reactions: mikers4 and 45bvtc
Nice one - I defo miss my buckets in my 8V!

.....what kind of numbers is she pushing out on stage 2? Any vids?

Nice one - I defo miss my buckets in my 8V!

.....what kind of numbers is she pushing out on stage 2? Any vids?

Yeah there the comfiest things going about I really didn't think they'd be this comfy.

It's running to rich as I got a bad batch of v power once fuel issue sorted and car back on dyno I'm wanting to be round about 420 with about 410 torque as it won't be stage 2 for long.

Cheeky dyno pic

Reactions: elton121272
Yeah there the comfiest things going about I really didn't think they'd be this comfy.

It's running to rich as I got a bad batch of v power once fuel issue sorted and car back on dyno I'm wanting to be round about 420 with about 410 torque as it won't be stage 2 for long.

Cheeky dyno pic
View attachment 78566
Wow...pic looks amazing but scary/risky ;-)

What stage 2 are you running?

I had MTM stage 1 which was basically just the ECU remap and also had decatted and the results were awesome....circa 410bhp and around 550lb but to be honest I'm not sure on all the official quotes, but it defo transformed the car as if there was another 'S' button after the first one

And even though I pushed her harder, the mpg average ironically went just over the 20mpg mark. ....I tended to do short, less than 5 mile, journeys as apose to ragging the backside off her all the time?!?

You should see the video that's going about of that day I'm trying to get hold of it.

Once this batch of fuel has been run through I'll get it back on the rollers and get another print out and hopefully should be well into the 400's

It's revo mate with full Milltek race exhaust and revo intake and a Wagner intercooler

Hopefully get better figures next dyno run

Here's mine .

Picked this one up last weekend a ex demo with loads of extras like carbon kit,sports exhaust and delimited to. Name a couple.
Trueley awsome car am so far very impressed with it.

Reactions: THQuattro, mikers4 and Kelza
Just cleaned mine

9830346cdb46807a7bd889431862f51e.jpg

9cb110b5a34e221133d7565080575ee8.jpg

d2c90018347cd3d138ce5139df9b7cf9.jpg

bbae17895d0cd3de54099679c4b34bd4.jpg

81b75c7219a6993f991d821e939f3ff2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dbm and mikers4
Nice and glossy mattwez what finish did you use to seal it?

German engineering

Nice and glossy mattwez what finish did you use to seal it?

German engineering

Snow foamed with maguiars hyper wash, cleaned it with guardx shampoo, claybarred with maguiars, then waxed with Victoria wax

EDIT: oh and used iron-x fallout remover on wheels and lower 1/2 of car and poor boys wheel sealant put on the wheels

Reactions: Demo8dan
Snow foamed with maguiars hyper wash, cleaned it with guardx shampoo, claybarred with maguiars, then waxed with Victoria wax

EDIT: oh and used iron-x fallout remover on wheels and lower 1/2 of car and poor boys wheel sealant put on the wheels

Nice job, where do you get your products from pal?

German engineering