1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 PICTURES AND VIDEO ONLY

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum' started by Sticks, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Morells

Morells Member

i might have been one of those story's as that's my local Audi dealer you were only 20mins away from me haha should have popped by to say hey.
  2. MBK

MBK Active Member

You could well have been, they told me they sold their 2 demo RS3s quickly, they like RS models and R8s! RS4, RS6, R8 V10 Spider and the R8 V10 plus all together! Seems a good dealership, impressed with the attitude and friendly chat with customers.
  3. elton121272

elton121272 Member

The RS models are wolf's in sheep's clothing alright and definitely disproportionate to the dady of the family - I.e. R8 - but only in terms of 0-60.

Granted the R8 is simply awesomely pleasing to the eye, with even a 5 year old V8 still carrying the respect of a real supercar. They sound awesome too and let's face it, they are the dream of all Audi owners at some stage or another.

However, put the RS3 alongside a V8 one from a standing start and if the opposition is not focussed they could end up smoked......a guy in my estate is convinced mine has been 'modified' when we occasionally sit side by side every other week as we head to work.....he now appreciates that Black is the fastest :)

I would guess that could be the same in an APR tuned RS3, with a track driver tootling along on the welsh twisties when all of a sudden a V10 baby hits the rear view mirror and "ka chow" says lightning :)
    45bvtc likes this.
  4. MBK

MBK Active Member

All good points Elton, no one 'needs' an R8 but I still can't help wanting one it's a true object of desire. The sales and business managers at South Hereford Audi are proper petrol heads, one has an Elise the other quite a special Nova rally car! They were loving y RS3 too. When I said "one day" about buying the V10 Stronic they both said "you'll have more fun in the RS3" - now they might have been being nice but they seemed to mean it. I need the space and practicality for now so the V10 remains a one day car for me - but I would like the upgraded Stronic box in the next RS3!

I was actually there collecting this A1 with my Dad but you can't help but admire the R8s and RS cars on show:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got to chuckle at the sign in the background...urm I don't think so!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally the lovely wavy brakes, appearing on many a replica soon I suspect!

[​IMG]
    Kelza and 45bvtc like this.
  5. elton121272

elton121272 Member

6. turbonutz

turbonutz Active Member

wet dream for you with that journey to audi garage?
  7. MBK

MBK Active Member

Mini me, I like it!

A V10 R8 and A1 runabout would be happy fleet for me. My Mrs was also set against an R8 after a friend bought one and started getting rather too much of the 'wrong' sort of attention - in the Mrs eyes anyway. She has changed her mind recently though after seeing the R8 V10 Stronic advert...she actually said "oooh you have to get one of them" and even better "we don't need 4 seats in your car"!! Still this won't be happening just yet!
  8. R90 STL

R90 STL Active Member

this section of the forum is just FILTH haha :wub:. one day I will have my very own RS3. Hopefully in the not so distant future :sly:
    MBK and 45bvtc like this.
  9. DAYTONA500

DAYTONA500 Well-Known Member

45bvtc and MBK like this.
  10. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

DAYTONA500 likes this.
  11. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

This is definitely worth watching as the scenery is just amazing:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    stetheo and Mr_Freeze like this.
  12. shady-ninja

shady-ninja Member

that's 9mins 50secs of my life wasted on this rubbish video.
    I thought he was gonna fall off the cliff, hit the cyclist or get nicked
    by the rozzers.
    45bvtc and Mr_Freeze like this.
  13. S3_Jacko

S3_Jacko Well-Known Member

Wheres all the Racing Micas guys? ... by far to me the most pant wetting colour available on the Rs3.... i've got 2 scratchcards to scratch at the moment... fingers crossed haha
  14. DAYTONA500

IMG_0618.jpg IMG_0611 - Version 2.jpg First wash since applying the Collinite 476 ,the car was absolutely filthy due to the bad weather. IMG_0615.jpg
    45bvtc and Mr_Freeze like this.
  15. fletch

fletch New Member

Do you live in Newcastle?? I bought my Misano Red RS3 from there and live not too far from Newcastle Audi
  16. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

No Fletch, in Staffordshire. My RS3 came into the UK via Newcastle Audi, was ordered by the classic Ferrari agents DK Engineering (but the owner preferred his BMW :yahoo: and so they advertised the car on PistonHeads and I was fortunate, having just sold my Lotus Elan Sprint after 37-years of ownership, to have the cash available to bring Bluey back to Staffordshire - and that's where she's staying for some time yet.

The Elan and the RS3 have surprisingly similar road manners...

[​IMG]

Ya see, I like small, quick cars; lots of 'go' in a small envelope, and the RS3 is just that. Tried the TTRS but much prefer our 2.0 TT; just have to work it a bit more, and that's fun too. Tried the RS4 (I like it lots but a fun 9.7mpg and getting bigger...); the S5 and RS6 are fast but loosing the 'quick', neither of which would do well on the ducking and diving roads I regularly drive. Same for the R8, it's too big mannnn…. and everyone notices the R8 way before you've arrived anyway. No, the RS3 sans badges for me is a right laugh! The number of people who ask: "pray tell me sir what sort of A3 is that", or words to that effect, makes it so worthwhile…

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  17. Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze Well-Known Member

VBH, the thinking mans crumpet. Unfortunately she knows squat about our beloved RS3. Just listen to her deliver the spec of the car, see if you spot her error?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  18. DAYTONA500

Twin Turbo,its only got one.
  19. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member

Cornflower blue in all it's glory...

[​IMG]

Go see Post #713 on the "RS3 Discussion Thread" and you'll see why 'bagy' said (13th September 2011): "seen this yesterday on my way to work purple rs3", it's all in the overhead lighting...
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Kelza and L1ARR like this.
  20. Mr_Freeze

Mr_Freeze Well-Known Member

Lightning fresh from a full sealant polish and her new stripes to go with her map.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    gogz s3 likes this.