RS3 on leasing

JimmyMcGee

Reaction score
Probably a "how long is a piece of string" question but what the hell :)
Would anyone know if an RS3 would cost an obscene amount on a leasing contract of say 12k miles per year over 48 months? Apart from the initial purchase price, what other factors would have a bearing on the leasing price compared to an S3.

Don't lease, PCP. Much more flexible. If you put £2k down expect payments of high 700's/low 800's pcm based on the numbers you have given.

Thanks for that info. I should have also stated that I've no interest in owning/keeping a car beyond the 4 years (max). I'm starting to suspect that the RS3 will be outside my budget :(

Don't lease, PCP. Much more flexible. If you put £2k down expect payments of high 700's/low 800's pcm based on the numbers you have given.

How much???????
Surely nobody is paying.£800 a month for this car.
Please tell me it isn't so. Absolutely no chance it's worth anywhere near that.

Reactions: s3_trev, T-800 and veeeight
My rs3 8p was £659 so £800 for a 40/50k car is not impossible ..

Mortgage money......... and at the end you don't own it, unless you can find 22K at the end of 4 years

Reactions: Marshy and Yorrick
If you're not paying in the £700+ bracket, then you must have put in a huge deposit.. Either way, you'll pay for it..

Everyone will be on near as damn it the same final figures (either a 3 year rate or 4 year rate), therefore the only way to bring your monthlies down is to up your deposit. But given you still need to find a new deposit in 2-4 years, it makes very little difference when the figures come out in the wash.

Either big deposit, low monthlies, but a need to put aside for a new deposit on next car
Or low deposit, higher monthlies, no need to worry about next deposit

Both will work out very similar, it just comes down to your ability to consider deposits for future cars & putting that cash aside.

Personally, I like to change a lot and like shiny things, so tend to avoid the high deposits and would rather cover a "known" higher monthly.

You obviously don't live in London if you think £700pcm is mortgage money!

It's in the £700/800 a month camp if you only put down £2k deposit and then select nearly all the options. Being sensible with the options and a deposit of £4k you can get under £500 a month. I'm looking at £560 for a reasonable spec.

Reactions: AD & DK - Jones and GRE57Y
Unfortunately it's a good chunk higher than that where I am, Jose! :(

It's in the £700/800 a month camp if you only put down £2k deposit and then select nearly all the options. Being sensible with the options and a deposit of £4k you can get under £500 a month. I'm looking at £560 for a reasonable spec.

What is this word 'sensible' ;)

Reactions: RYuill, Foxtrot_Oscar and Big_Will
I have 47.5k spec on order. 8k deposit £523 a month. Only a third of my mortgage! Happy days :)

Reactions: mister.c.
£800 a month on renting an A3.
Some folk have more money than sense.

Reactions: Jake 61 and s3_trev
Define sense: I don't pay that now, but whenever I upgrade from an S1 I think I'll probably end up spending that much money per month.

The fact is, I live in London and don't need a car at all and, to the extent I do, there'd be nothing wrong with getting a little Dacia for £99 per month interest free, or even just an old Fiesta with 100,000 miles on the clock... it has four wheels and a roof, what more do you need?

But cars are something I love (as do many here), and I work bloomin' hard for my money - and so if I or anyone else choose to prioritise a car over other things then that doesn't mean I have no sense, it's just how I choose to spend my money. I know plenty of people who spend that sort of money every month on booze, and whilst I don't understand that, it's their money and their choice! :)

Reactions: Allman45, JimmyMcGee, GRE57Y and 2 others
Exactly RMj891...........
I agree, I don't drink/Smoke, but do like cars and the bits that go with them..........:yes:

Define sense: I don't pay that now, but whenever I upgrade from an S1 I think I'll probably end up spending that much money per month.

The fact is, I live in London and don't need a car at all and, to the extent I do, there'd be nothing wrong with getting a little Dacia for £99 per month interest free, or even just an old Fiesta with 100,000 miles on the clock... it has four wheels and a roof, what more do you need?

But cars are something I love (as do many here), and I work bloomin' hard for my money - and so if I or anyone else choose to prioritise a car over other things then that doesn't mean I have no sense, it's just how I choose to spend my money. I know plenty of people who spend that sort of money every month on booze, and whilst I don't understand that, it's their money and their choice! :)

Spot on with that and exactly my business case to the Mrs. "We don't need another car and we don't need one that fast". Its not about needs its about wants. When the sun is out on a Sunday afternoon and she wants to watch some reality TV tripe on the box, im off for a spin in the RS. Id sooner put 20 quid in the tank and go for a blast than spend it on a couple of pints. Smiles for miles!

Reactions: Pulp84
Indeed, cars are my passion and my hobby - I don't drink/smoke etc, my only other vice is photography (often involving cars!).
I have chosen to have a very nice car at great expense to enjoy, alongside a very sensible car (Hyundai i10) for the boring miles.
I can comfortably afford it, so why not - you only live once right!

Reactions: Pulp84
Indeed, cars are my passion and my hobby - I don't drink/smoke etc, my only other vice is photography (often involving cars!).
I have chosen to have a very nice car at great expense to enjoy, alongside a very sensible car (Hyundai i10) for the boring miles.
I can comfortably afford it, so why not - you only live once right!

The Mrs gave the sign off to me funding the RS as long as I gave up either Class A's or hookers. It's a dilemma I tell thee.

Reactions: Allman45, Pulp84 and JimmyMcGee
The Mrs gave the sign off to me funding the RS as long as I gave up either Class A's or hookers. It's a dilemma I tell thee.

I'm still working out how I convinced my Mrs to give up her Octavia vRS for a Hyundai i10! All I had to say is we can 'share' the RS3 :)

We have had one car for the past 5 years and said I was getting the RS to which she has said she wont be comfortable driving it (result). So I went and bought her a Ford B Max for her and the baby last week to bounce off kerbs and fill with crisp bags. Its a win win all round

Oh don't get me started on kerbs! I swear they are attracted to them (sometimes I think about dressing up as a kerb to see if I might get a rim job!).

Reactions: Jake 61, Dtwm1, billyali86 and 5 others
I probably should have pointed out that I'm not based in the UK, but the discussion is interesting to say the least :D
I'm currently leasing with ALD and have an all inclusive contract. Basically, I like to have a fixed amount each month so I know what I'll be paying to run a car I like/enjoy. I've no interest in keeping a car more than 4 years (2 years if I'm being completely honest), so the set up suits me fine. I've a budget from my company (around £630) to go off and order what I wish. I've checked the prices for the S3 and Golf R and they come in under my current budget with my existing mileage, tyres, servicing, etc. Somehow I fear the RS3 will be outside this budget. Poor me LOL

I absolutely support that ethos 100%.
I don't however think that the RS3 is a special enough car to justify its price tag or £800 a month.
I'm driving one next week, so will find out then.

I absolutely support that ethos 100%.
I don't however think that the RS3 is a special enough car to justify its price tag or £800 a month.
I'm driving one next week, so will find out then.

Let us know when you've ordered ;)

Reactions: Big_Will
I probably should have pointed out that I'm not based in the UK, but the discussion is interesting to say the least :D
I'm currently leasing with ALD and have an all inclusive contract. Basically, I like to have a fixed amount each month so I know what I'll be paying to run a car I like/enjoy. I've no interest in keeping a car more than 4 years (2 years if I'm being completely honest), so the set up suits me fine. I've a budget from my company (around £630) to go off and order what I wish. I've checked the prices for the S3 and Golf R and they come in under my current budget with my existing mileage, tyres, servicing, etc. Somehow I fear the RS3 will be outside this budget. Poor me LOL

There's is a deal on contacthireandleasing, £472 inc vat, 6+23 8k per annum, don't know if that helps you ?

The trouble is with leasing is the deals are only competitive if you put no options on. There doesn't seem to be a recognition for this in their pricing mechanism, and so if you had an RS3 specced to £47-50k, the per month cost would absolutely rocket.

Haven't even had a test drive yet but have been quoted £494 a month on £45k car with £5k down and 5k miles P.A on PCP. It would appear Audi are able to adjust the GFV to get monthlys in your budget as initially the quote was £528 and after saying it was above my budget they messed around with the GFV to get under £500.

I have only done 2.5k miles in just over a year of owning my S3 so I suspect the lower monthlys are reached by having it on lowest possible mileage.

No balloon on a lease - it's a lease!! The "balloon" element you're thinking of from PCP is notionally covered by handing the car back, as it's never yours...

I was originally looking at leasing, went for a pcp in the end as it was actually working out cheaper on pcp. Even the slightest bit of options throw lease prices skywards!
Also pretty confident the rs3 won't lose too much in depreciation going by the 8p prices

Posted on another forum :

Audi RS3 2.5 TFSi Quattro 5dr Sportsback S Tronic
9+23
8kpa
£359.99 + Vat

OR

Audi RS3 2.5 TFSi Quattro 5dr Sportsback S Tronic
3+23
8kpa
£449.99 + Vat
centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk

Near spat my tea out at the money some of you guys are throwing out a month on a car. Your choice an all that but holy sh1t. And I just cant hold back saying...50k for an RS3 is absolute madness.

Reactions: Marshy, T-800 and CraigI
Fair play to you guys that are ordering them and as much as I'd love one, I just couldn't deal with the fact after paying £25k+ out, I wouldn't have a thing to show for it.

Think I'll be waiting until they're slightly more affordable to purchase outright, better get saving!

Reactions: Marshy and T-800
I looked at these deals initially, as said before this is for a completely base spec car, as soon as you add options the price goes haywire! In the end I went with pcp. Even with a decent amount of options it worked out cheaper than the few options I ticked on lease car. And I have something to show for it at the end