RS3 now gone, Hello Golf R

Spin140

Reaction score
I sold my RS3 to Audi a couple of weeks ahgo and whilst I'm deciding whats next I have signed up for 12 month PCP on a Golf R manual.

To get the rock bottom prices I had to go with a standard 2017 model in white but this is by no means a pauper spec and I have been pleasantly surprised with what you get, I'm saving £300 per month in payments and changing gears myself for the first time in a few years which is actually quite pleasing.

Car looks pretty good in white with the standard tints if a little un-assuming.

Some of the kit on offer for £280 per month.

Sat Nav
Car Net
LED interior lights
Front & rear sensors
Adaptive cruise
Alcantara/cloth interior
Tints/privacy
Seat pockets
Under seat drawers
Right hand cubby hole
Performance Monitors - 3 extra clocks in the sat nav that measure boost, G and something else.
Touch screen Stereo/Tech
Electric Fold Mirrors
LED Puddle lights

Overall I have been blown away by what you can get for under £300 per month if prepared to self shift and lose 60+ bhp.

In everyday use the car feels perky enough and makes a pretty good (fake) sound when in race mode, really pleasantly surprised.

In direct comparison to the RS3, well, of course the Audi is quicker, sounds better and has the better badge, in terms of handling I'd have to agree with the Journo's in that the Golf has far better steering, it just feels more precise and planted, everything else is very similar so again not a bad compromise.

In the meantime you lucky Guys keep on enjoying the RS3, it's a fabulous machine I just thought I'd share my thoughts with you.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and Radman
Hey mate,

Everyone has their reasons for owning/selling cars etc. At least you are still in something quick, but I do think you should be burned at the stake for getting rid...
Only kidding. By the way did you get a good price from Audi?

Rad
I sold my RS3 to Audi a couple of weeks ahgo and whilst I'm deciding whats next I have signed up for 12 month PCP on a Golf R manual.

To get the rock bottom prices I had to go with a standard 2017 model in white but this is by no means a pauper spec and I have been pleasantly surprised with what you get, I'm saving £300 per month in payments and changing gears myself for the first time in a few years which is actually quite pleasing.

Car looks pretty good in white with the standard tints if a little un-assuming.

Some of the kit on offer for £280 per month.

Sat Nav
Car Net
LED interior lights
Front & rear sensors
Adaptive cruise
Alcantara/cloth interior
Tints/privacy
Seat pockets
Under seat drawers
Right hand cubby hole
Performance Monitors - 3 extra clocks in the sat nav that measure boost, G and something else.
Touch screen Stereo/Tech
Electric Fold Mirrors
LED Puddle lights

Overall I have been blown away by what you can get for under £300 per month if prepared to self shift and lose 60+ bhp.

In everyday use the car feels perky enough and makes a pretty good (fake) sound when in race mode, really pleasantly surprised.

In direct comparison to the RS3, well, of course the Audi is quicker, sounds better and has the better badge, in terms of handling I'd have to agree with the Journo's in that the Golf has far better steering, it just feels more precise and planted, everything else is very similar so again not a bad compromise.

In the meantime you lucky Guys keep on enjoying the RS3, it's a fabulous machine I just thought I'd share my thoughts with you.

Hey mate,

Everyone has their reasons for owning/selling cars etc. At least you are still in something quick, but I do think you should be burned at the stake for getting rid...
Only kidding. By the way did you get a good price from Audi?

Rad

Audi gave me £40K, the list on the car was £44500, had it for 5 months and 2500 miles so not bad, I no, I never paid list :)

Just needed to trim my monthly outgoings for a while otherwise would have kept the RS, needs, must and all that. :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06, Radman and 1 other person
Hi Spin, I followed you to my workplace in my black Golf R the other week. I think you were dropping off your RS3 to the Audi dealer. It looked and sounded fantastic. It was a nice 'spirited' drive we both had! I think you'll enjoy the Golf...it's great fun to drive, albeit not as nice sounding.

Reactions: FBF01