1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 Grill interest/ questions

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jonnyfeng, Dec 27, 2012.

1. jonnyfeng

jonnyfeng Member

[Dec 29, 2012]
    Is that something a can easily try? Can I just get a gloss black surround and change it over easily? Might be worth a try and if I don't like the look then just go all black
  2. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

[Dec 29, 2012]
    you'll need to drop the bumper (there is a good thread by A3Kent on here) and then just swap the surround over. where are you based? also think A3 Kent may be able to sort surround for you. If I was buying a RS3 i'd ask the dealer to swap the surround over. remember you paying around the £40k mark for your car.
  3. jonnyfeng

jonnyfeng Member

[Dec 29, 2012]
    yeah if you knew the deal i got on the car it should be the dealer asking me to do stuff for them! haha

tbh mate with it being a bumper off job to do that itd be the same to just whack in a new full grille.. im getting good interest on the silver one as it is so im more than likely to just ask them to fit the black grille for me. As much as id like to see how your idea would look on the car im gonna go with my first choice

thanks anyway mate
  4. wxc

wxc Member

[Sep 15, 2013]

Hi

By changing the front grill from an s-line model to an rs3 front grill count as an insurance modification?

Must this be declared and if this is the ONLY modification, I wonder how much this will be?

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Regards,
    Wxc