RS3 Discussion Thread

Warren I have to agree, I was seriously looking at one of these a few weeks back, I have the money to spend on one without it being to much trouble but I just could not bring myself to do it, I mean i was quoted 5k down and figures of £650 a month, ok I can live with that, but what gets me is that I can get a new S3 SB and save myself a fortune. I think I am seriously looking at getting a nearly new Range Rover Sport for the same money.

I've had one, sold it and lost £1000 which I was pleased with.

If you need the room for kids and you're besotted with the 2.5tfsi then it's a no brainer, but for pure fun I'd sink my money into a TTRS..

Oh yeah I did didn't I?

Great cars, but for me the DSG kills it.

Hi guys! Been a fooking long time since I've been on this forum. My mate pointed me to this thread. The car below is mine and yes those tails are darker :) i have a few more mods planned in the coming weeks and that includes REVO, H&R coilies and ARBs.
Copied from other forum RS3 with H&R springs,20's BBS CH-R,love the looks:wub:
utf-8bq2vudhvyaw9ultiwmt.jpg

Reactions: Kelza and fuzion
Audi Wolverhampton have 1 in a Sepang Blue, dont no much about interior and oh yeh it has a silver rear spoiler :S im guessn audi exclusive if its in Sepang, such a nice colour! Think i may need to give em a call tomorro ;) (if they still got it)

HOWEVER i must say im not too convinced with the power aspect :S i did have a short run in with a red rs3 with black and red wheels while toying about in a frends Focus ST, standard 225bhp and i must admit 3rd gear pull to over 100mph, he was behind me!! To which i doubted it was a rs3 till the heard the bang when he changed gear and a droplet of petrol dropped into the exhaust and makes that sound. Whewwwww i nearly wet myself looolll

excuse the english ..
but thats fkn hot.. best i've seen to date ... love it! clean and crisp!

Followed Rabbit's S4 on here when I had the same car, and that was superb......the RS3 is just as good and i can't wait to see what you do with this Rabbit....the wheels look fantastic with that colour, but knowing you that is only the start :)

That Rs3 is toooooo nice!! Daytone grey and CHR's :hubbahubba::hubbahubba:. Best Rs3 i've seen by a mile.

Rabbit i didn't realise you were on this forum still! cant believe i missed your thread on this beauty.. your car looks awesome, not that i expected anything different going by your S4 :hubbahubba:

Must admit I have never been a fan of those red tipped blade alloys but in that pic that whole setup black & red just looks mint.

Rabbit I think that's the best A3 I've ever seen mate, spot on! :wub: I would've had rails but still the sickest!!

Must admit I have never been a fan of those red tipped blade alloys but in that pic that whole setup black & red just looks mint.

same here, they're definately growing on me!

What colour red is the rs3? Misano, brilliant or a dedicated rs3-red?

EDIT:

To answer my own question, I used the configurator on the audi website and noticed that the only red colour available on the RS3 is Misano...

Last edited:

i love the red tipped wheels, hence why my original ibis car had them and my replacement car next week also has them :D

there a (so far) unique feature to the RS3/TTRS and very rare which i like

they also look a lot better in the metal

this one is stunning imo

im looking at swapping my r32 to one... but is it worth it?

im looking at swapping my r32 to one... but is it worth it?

i had an R32 DSG for 5 years and moved into an RS3, loved the R32, longest I have ever had a car

if the R32 is an 8/10 car the RS3 is a 47/10 in comparisson

everything about the car is in a different league, different planet, hmmm different universe :D

I have just had a stint in an S3 DSG and going back into the RS3 is like coming from a fiesta ST into a aventador

guys do you have to run in the engine on a new rs3? the dealer said i dont have to?

also does anyone think they will hold there price's?

just sold my s3 sportback bought last year june for 21k sold for 17k thats a 4k drop in about 1.5years :banghead:

who has come out of an s3 into the rs3? what do you think compared?

not driven the rs3 yet so cant wait!.

Warren I have to agree, I was seriously looking at one of these a few weeks back, I have the money to spend on one without it being to much trouble but I just could not bring myself to do it, I mean i was quoted 5k down and figures of £650 a month, ok I can live with that, but what gets me is that I can get a new S3 SB and save myself a fortune. I think I am seriously looking at getting a nearly new Range Rover Sport for the same money.
Range Rover=endless list of problems (experienced before) the most unreliable car manufacture.

honest when i was a couple of cars behind it in the sun it was purple ! ill see if it has been put in my local audi and ill get a better picture , one of the strangest colours ive ever seen that for sure

And it's the same now (see post #713), 4500-miles on…

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy holidays Neil....... bet you've thrashed the life out of that little Pug:laugh:

First seen and posted by Bagey (thankyou) in this thread on the 21st September 2011 (Page 18 Post #713) and now 26-months later, still stunning...

TZ10_268crop_zps9679f5a7.jpg

Reactions: Kelza
First seen and posted by Bagey (thankyou) in this thread on the 21st September 2011 (Page 18 Post #713) and now 26-months later, still stunning...

TZ10_268crop_zps9679f5a7.jpg

gorgeous colour, i can remember when this car was originally for sale..

Reactions: 45bvtc
Thank you ABYS: I purchased Bluey (in Cornflower blue) on the 16th October 2011, the advertisement remains on DK Engineering's website: Prestige Cars - Audi RS3

The car was delivered to Newcastle Audi in September 2011 and 'Bagey' must have photographed it from his car on the 21st (you'll notice it's unregistered at that time). To say I nearly fell off my chair when I later saw his posting is an understatement (8th November) as the car was then in my garage.

Difficult to show the colour (and it's the only RS3 in this colour) as it changes so much between blue and purple; but here's two more:

TZ10_301_zpsc856badb.jpg

HS5Y_053_zpsdc8151d0.jpg

Reactions: Kelza, Ghost and MBK
Thank you ABYS: I purchased Bluey (in Cornflower blue) on the 16th October 2011, the advertisement remains on DK Engineering's website: Prestige Cars - Audi RS3

The car was delivered to Newcastle Audi in September 2011 and 'Bagey' must have photographed it from his car on the 21st (you'll notice it's unregistered at that time). To say I nearly fell off my chair when I later saw his posting is an understatement (8th November) as the car was then in my garage.

Difficult to show the colour (and it's the only RS3 in this colour) as it changes so much between blue and purple; but here's two more:

TZ10_301_zpsc856badb.jpg

HS5Y_053_zpsdc8151d0.jpg

Ive already mentioned to my dealer that i want to order an RS3 as soon as the MK2 is available, and after owning a white one in the sat I've got to admit that i really fancy some shade of blue for sure :)

Reactions: 45bvtc