RS3 Discussion Thread

I had a look at a Misano TT-RS at the local Audi dealer with that same red and black interior. It had 8k miles on the clock and the steering wheel was well worn. This 'Exclusive' interior only really seems to work on the larger Audi's; it's just rank on the smaller cars.

I'm with N8, TT-RS over a RS3 if considering these 2 together right now.

But also, how good would the new 4 door saloon concept look in RS guise with a 2.5L in it? I reckon the next gen A3 will be a cracker. Seriously hoping they de-tune the 2.5 down to 300bhp for the S and leave the RS with ~360+bhp. RS3 Plus and TT-RS Plus look like they'll have 360bhp, so it'd better happen.

I thought that all the Rs3's were sold, so why do dealers have them for test drives?

This car definatly wasn't sold! As for the car being available for a test drive, even if you wanted to buy it you werent allowed to have it for another 2 months as they've got to legally keep the car as a Demo for 3months before releasing it for sale.

Seen my first rs3 on the road today, all black with optics pack looked amazing so mean, however the guy driving it was totally wasting it 50mph on a motorway :(

Thought he'd steer clear of anything German, after the uniform incident! Definitely the best royal though. Do you reckon he'll be joining the forum?

My (Corn Flower Blue) RS3: this is the MOST complete car I have ever owned: amazingly quick on UK roads, and has returned 29.5mpg overall during its first 900-miles.

And I never thought I'd better my S3, but the RS3 is so much better in almost every way (ok, I’d still prefer 3-doors).

Flicking between the Drive and Sport gear changes is just right for UK roads (using Sport for (ridiculously) quick traffic island get-aways, etc). I'll leave the paddle-shift and sequential-shift for later - though I have explored both, already...

And the ride quality is so much better than the S3: my S3 was on 18-inch rims with Goodyear F1's, and I thought that ok, but the RS3, on 19-inch rims, is far more subtle - really nice.

Note: mine has the standard leather seats, not the difficult-to-get-out-of buckets or 'tall' electric-adjusting ones, much the better (in my opinion) option.

And the exhaust noise? Words fail me, but I like it, lots.

I've just fitted 19-inch (Audi original) winter rims with Vredestein tyres: I’m a firm believer in winter rubber; it transformed my S3 in cold weather/snow conditions.

Regards to all…

Reactions: Brett Butler
Love to post pictures but am still in reverse gear...

Love to post pictures but am still in reverse gear...

Does that matter??? You can upload to photobucket then copy and paste the IMG code into the thread and bingo bango sorted!

securedownload.jpg
securedownload-1.jpg
securedownload-3.jpg
securedownload-2.jpg

there you go john mate

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
For anyone wondering: red (owned for 6-years) + yellow (owned for 34-years) = blue.

And blue is definitely more rewarding (for me now) than red + yellow.

Blue is quicker than yellow and faster (and more comfortable with better brakes) than red - in ALL weather conditions.

Thank you bagey...

no problem fella ! if you want any more pics put up you know where to send them mate :icon_thumright:

Reactions: 45bvtc
Saw this car up for sale and it's colour is certainly different, it's looks amazing.

Is it a special colour looks like sprint but obviously they've scrapped that. (worst decision Audi have made)

Is it a special colour looks like sprint but obviously they've scrapped that. (worst decision Audi have made)
Configured an RS3 just before christmas, and in audis "special paints" there was an option for sprintblau. It may be different, or perhaps its just an optional extra.

Love that cornflower blue.

Nogaro blue is very nice. I should know - have it on my B5 RS4. Not overly keen on sprint tbh.

Stunning RS3 though.

Picking up a demonstrator RS3 tomorrow for a couple of days. Can't wait. Not looking forward to handing the keys back and having to revert to the crappy old (lol) S3 for another few months...

1M demolished the RS3 in the looks department. Perhaps the familiarity of the shape doesnt help the A3's cause but the 1M's stance is pure touring car with mega wide arches etc.

Agreed the 1M looks the part from the outside. I've always preferred the shape of the A3 though, and the styling of the RS3 is nicely understated.

Plus, the launch control is absolutely amazing. Never experienced anything like it in a car.

I dont understand why there are RS3's for sale 2nd hand considering they were limited numbers and all sold out. By Dealers, is the car that bad that buyers are getting shot quick, its it Delaers who regged them because they can make more selling them 2nd hand? or they could not sell them new?

I dont understand it, or we the Customer just being ripped off?

I dont understand why there are RS3's for sale 2nd hand considering they were limited numbers and all sold out. By Dealers, is the car that bad that buyers are getting shot quick, its it Delaers who regged them because they can make more selling them 2nd hand? or they could not sell them new?

I dont understand it, or we the Customer just being ripped off?

I suppose its just a case of people not liking them? you think these are bad!! i went to Goodwood FOS last year and the BMW guy said to me re; 1M that they were all sold and id be lucky to get my hands on one. There is about 30 of them on pistonheads!!! i went into BMW last week and they had a brand new white 1M for sale. £47k. There is/was one on PH with 900 miles for £39k tell me how that works??

I suppose its just a case of people not liking them? you think these are bad!! i went to Goodwood FOS last year and the BMW guy said to me re; 1M that they were all sold and id be lucky to get my hands on one. There is about 30 of them on pistonheads!!! i went into BMW last week and they had a brand new white 1M for sale. £47k. There is/was one on PH with 900 miles for £39k tell me how that works??
They cash in on the ppl that just have to have a brand new car !!!
I know what id do?

They cash in on the ppl that just have to have a brand new car !!!
I know what id do?

But they are not brand new, they are not selling them new, they are registering themselves and selling after a few months, I guess for 2 reasons, people do not want them, they do not want to sell with discount, so rather not sell them for tax reasons.

That Bexley cars been on sale for a while.

Copied from other forum!
RS3 with H&R springs,20's BBS CH-R,love the looks:wub:
utf-8bq2vudhvyaw9ultiwmt.jpg

Reactions: warren_S5, N8 and RedDejavu
That looks amazing with those CH-R's on wow and at first I really didn't like the look of the rs3 now I've seen that one im sold maybe one day in the future.

There are a few that have been on sale at independent traders for at least 3-4 months on the bay and gently the prices have been eroding, but to be honest if I was going to blow nigh on 50 big ones for a Golf in a sharp suit I wouldn't be buying it second hand or lightly used from someone who is likely to have ragged it's **** off in its running in period.

Proof if you need it that in the middle of a recession you can't expect one cylinder and some fancy carbon-plastic bumpers to bring the punters flocking to part with 50 large when you can get it's close cousin for nearly £15k less (with a discount) that can be mapped to RS3 performance for about £400.

Last edited:
Reactions: s333pjc and RedDejavu