RS3 Discussion Thread

gosh 1m is ugly!

I can get onboard with that statement.

Proportions are all wrong on that car no matter how many splitters, vents and spoilers you add.

I also agree that the RS3 isn't special enough looking for the money.

The only down side to the rs3 I can people have with the rs3 is the price.

And how it doesn't look a £40k car, to me thats perfect. Understated, people who know about cars will appreciate it more! And when people think it's just a normal s3 or a3 they have a second think next time befre they try bam u up

This little snippet from that advert makes me laugh -

"In the world of Audi motorsport, there are few things more evocative than the letters RS."

A great point, so what are they doing on the back of an ugly overpriced Sportback A3 :lmfao:

I would hardly say the 8L is the be all and end all in the looks department but it isn't ugly, where as the sport back I think is actually ugly. They just aren't a nice car to look at.

I beg to differ, this:

9a856293.jpg

To me, IMO, is saying alot :wub: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.....

Too many doors, door handles robbed off a facelift 8L, looks like an A4...May as well save 20k and buy an S-Line A4 :p

Feels like an avant as well and Ive got a a4 avant and s3 3dr - sod the practicality. RS3 would need to be a manual 3dr for me to consider it i will take the 1m then. well actualy I wont

Same centiments here, too many doors, does'nt look the part as sportbacks look like baby a4 avants, not a good look IMO. Would be cool to see a 3dr version but I suppose that would go against the whole point of the RS range? Power and practicality...

I haven't seen many audis with DSG, but the one's I have always had the paddles attached to the steering column, rather than the steering wheel.

Am I right in thinking from those photos that the paddles are mounted on the back of the steering wheel?

Yes the paddles are on the back of the steering wheel. A right pain when in manual and going around roundabouts, etc. LOL
I have to use the gear lever to change gear then ;)

Damn, I really want the RS3, we cant even get them down here in America

So has there been any news from Audi about a 3-door RS3? I think the sportback looks great but I absolutely love the 3-door 8P shape.

I must say. That grey is one of the nicest colours for the car! Alcantara RS3 wheel :wub: cream seats? :ninja:

I AGREE! from the outside its ****** gorgeous... But im sorry that interior is just swag. The wheel is awesome though. I PM'd you Nath.

I AGREE! from the outside its ****** gorgeous... But im sorry that interior is just swag. The wheel is awesome though. I PM'd you Nath.

Alcantra wheel on a cream rover interior.....nooo

i agree outside looks lovely.

Last edited:
The FIRST photo I’ve seen of my car, thank you.

The colour is cornflower blue; it's an old VAG colour.

The car was supplied by Newcastle Audi to D.K.Eng in Chorley Wood.

I purchased the car from them with 130-miles on the odometer.

The car now resides in Staffordshire.

For me, it's a magic piece of machinery.

Now in Staffordshire

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Sorry, the picture from bagey on 13th September; I nearly fell off my chair seeing that. Thank you bagey...

The car must have been on trade plates as it didn't get registered till the following day, the 14th.

The colour: it is not a metallic or pearlescent; it's just FLAT. However, the colour seems to change with different light and shade; I can well see how people thought it purple, as it does seem to have a lot of red in it. But it is definitely blue, cornflower blue.

Regards to all…

Sorry, the picture from bagey on 13th September; I nearly fell off my chair seeing that. Thank you bagey...

The car must have been on trade plates as it didn't get registered till the following day, the 14th.

The colour: it is not a metallic or pearlescent; it's just FLAT. However, the colour seems to change with different light and shade; I can well see how people thought it purple, as it does seem to have a lot of red in it. But it is definitely blue, cornflower blue.

Regards to all…

its f'in GORGEOUS!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Just wanted to add I had went off the whole RS3 thing, UNTIL me and my mate popped into Glasgow Audi and he ended up taking it for a test drive, needless to say I was smiling ear to ear the whole time, the power delivery is unbelievable (even with previously owning an S3 8P) its a whole new ballgame!

Don't want to post pics etc just now, Ill leave that to him.

PICS!!!!!!! :p
i think imma ask my buddy (who works as an audi salesman) to hook me up for a testdrive aswel :p

i'd like to test the rs3 AND rs5 :p