RS3 - Colour Crunch!

DavidM

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've ordered the RS3, I'm just in deliberation over the colour. I like the Red / Nardo. Can someone tell me if these wheels are titanium or black.

Attachments

• audi-rs3-sportback-8v-20.jpg
    audi-rs3-sportback-8v-20.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 3,245
Again are these black or titanium

Attachments

• audi-rs3-sportback-8v-21.jpg
    audi-rs3-sportback-8v-21.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 2,022
Hmmmm. I've got the titanium wheels spec'd. I like that look above but could do without shelling anymore :)
The look I've gone for is Red, black grill, black mirrors, tinted windows. and titanium wheels.

Gloss Black i'd say

I tell you what I don't usually go for Red Cars but that looks the Dogs..............:hearteyes:

I had already chosen. There are a lot of pictures on the internet that make catalunya red look orange and it looks naff without black mirrors. If the wheels are gloss black then it's going to hurt my pocket.

mmmmmmm :)

Attachments

• Audi_RS3_2015_16.jpg
    Audi_RS3_2015_16.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 1,016
I must admit that I really like the red with black look. However, I own no red clothing and wont even permit red on our christmas tree so having a red car is a non-starter. Another one of the downsides of being a Spurs fan.

i was 50/50 sepang/catalunya - however, there are a lot of red A3s around; two of my staff have red A3s SBs!

My concern was that without seeing the catalunya red in the flesh, it was difficult to judge how close it is to both brilliant and misano red, and I felt it could be perceived as just another red A3. Sepang is different, and I know what it is (my S3 is Sepang) and it remains sufficiently different from other Audi blues to stand out a little.

Reactions: Yorrick
I just think that rotors being the only wheel choice is such a shame. You see so many A4's and later 8P S3's with the same wheels and they now look rather dated to my eyes. I've been told by my Dealer that once the intial batch of cars sold at launch is over, more options will filter through. Nardo is obviously a launch colour, which is IMO a good reason not to chose it. I think it's a Marmite colour anyway. I don't like it at all and on a car as bland looking as the RS3, you need the right colour to make the look more special. The Red does do that IMO, but with rotors, I'm still not that moved. A mate of mine saw a white RS3 in Holland last week when he was working out there - he told me the only reason he notice dthe car was the noise it made, else it might as well have been an diesel A3 sportback. I can see his point. You see a new TTS and it's like comparing Susan Boyle to Cheryl Cole :yes: since the two cars cost about the same, it might not be as hard a choice and performance wise, in the real world there won't be much in it anyway. The TT also has a better interior...

I need to see the RS3 in the flesh really to make my mind up - and drive it of course. I think you'd have to be super brave to order one without doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-800