RS3 Cluster in my a3

Chris93

Reaction score
I want to upgrade to white dis and am thinking about installing an rs3 cluster in my car. If i buy the cluster and get a technician at audi to recode it and fit it into the car will it work properly, i know a white dis conversion has been done but was it easy?

Chris

Rather than buying the RS3 cluster which could be hugely expensive, I'd just buy a white DIS cluster from a write off or other vehicle.

RS3 DIS will have boost facilities which aren't likely to work on your car, and whilst they look nice may be a lot of outlay for marginal gain. Better to look for S or S-Line ones on the bay????

Reactions: RedDejavu
Ok, i wanted to do it because it looks cool but i suppose i won't have all the functionality so might swell get a standard one

Chris

Rather than buying the RS3 cluster which could be hugely expensive, I'd just buy a white DIS cluster from a write off or other vehicle.

RS3 DIS will have boost facilities which aren't likely to work on your car, and whilst they look nice may be a lot of outlay for marginal gain. Better to look for S or S-Line ones on the bay????

Is there any chance to activate boost feature in S3 at all? Would be nice to see turbo spooling:D

White DIS would work perfectly and would give you a bang up to date look, without the pricetag of the RS3 item, which you wouldn't be able to make full use of anyway. White DIS FTW! :wub: x

Is there any chance to activate boost feature in S3 at all? Would be nice to see turbo spooling:D

I'd love to think it would. I'm sure the boost reading will be electronically fed rather than vacuum on the RS3, so you would think it should be possible, but Nige is more likely to know as I'm just guessing.

Was toying with getting a pod and a gauge for this car as boost gauge is an essential tool for monitoring the health of your car when running bigger boost, only problem is it's a dead giveaway that your car is running mods when you rock up for a service!

Warren

with a huge CAI and a loud fart from the diverter valve every time you change gear the pod is the least of your worries re: service :)

The huge CAI may look far more OEM very soon! Plans are afoot!

Keep me informed :) I would love a CAI but just not the ones available at the moment.

The boost gauge doesnt work when fitted to an S3, I read on another forum a guy asking if anybody knew how to get it to work as he had fitted the RS3 cluster to his.

A newer version of Elsa would be handy to work out how its done, not sure how new Mr N's is :p

I'd love to think it would. I'm sure the boost reading will be electronically fed rather than vacuum on the RS3, so you would think it should be possible, but Nige is more likely to know as I'm just guessing.

Was toying with getting a pod and a gauge for this car as boost gauge is an essential tool for monitoring the health of your car when running bigger boost, only problem is it's a dead giveaway that your car is running mods when you rock up for a service!

Warren... Get a Liquid box. Iv got one waiting to fit...

Even though it's called Liquid TT they do an A3 version. Electronic readout/graphing of all the OBD shiz :)

Race Diagnostics Ltd - Home

what about torque app and bluetooth obd2 adapter? i got the adapter for 10€ so i think it's a inexpensive mod. it reads bunch of stuff like 0-60, 1/4 mile time, boost, air intake temp, exhaust temp, mass air flow, and best of all you can clear DTC's.

what about torque app and bluetooth obd2 adapter? i got the adapter for 10€ so i think it's a inexpensive mod. it reads bunch of stuff like 0-60, 1/4 mile time, boost, air intake temp, exhaust temp, mass air flow, and best of all you can clear DTC's.

That's pretty cool... Have you got a link?

its a shame you cant use the bluetooth obd thing or something from the obd to the ami interface and run it throung the media as like a video stream.
thus meaning could have it all on the nav screen

I suspect the rs3 boost display etc is related to ecu aswell given this is where mapping is done, speculative but stands to reason & I also believe its all network based signalling to the cluster, although of course sensors within the said boost pipes signal back to the ecu initially as per our cars, I reckon you'd have to get a proper mapper who can read ecu's fully to try & decipher if there is a specific table to set to enable the signal back to dash, its a big job for such imho small gain.

There maybe a simple adaptation channel setting required, but you'd need an actual rs3 & a car with an rs3 cluster fitted to play with codes to see if it can be enabled.

You could always ask the guy in Halfords ? :)

its a shame you cant use the bluetooth obd thing or something from the obd to the ami interface and run it throung the media as like a video stream.
thus meaning could have it all on the nav screen

This is actually possible when working with a small PC. One of the smallest that I know is the fit-PC. Let it work with a bluetooth/USB odb reader, and you can feed the graphical output from the pc to the AMI.

could you fo it with a modern windows based smartphone?

The fact that you can read and write makes you over qualified for Halfords TBH :)

;lk;dkx[pd klwdjwsa;ldk wqd;lw[dlLD

Warren... Get a Liquid box. Iv got one waiting to fit...

Even though it's called Liquid TT they do an A3 version. Electronic readout/graphing of all the OBD shiz :)

Race Diagnostics Ltd - Home

Can you please do a write up of your thoughts on this once you have it installed.
Looks interesting.
I wonder how accurate the power/0-6o times, etc are...?