1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 Beast...

S32B Aug 19, 2017

1. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi A5 s tronic S-line owners group

This shows how quick it is:

jimojameso, CalA3, Audi Bairn and 7 others like this.
  2. Chris S 1245

Chris S 1245 Member

Yh it really is a brilliant car First time i Saw one I feel in Love with the sound . The golf r in that vid should have been Dsg really wanted to see how close it could have got to the rs3 and a45

FBF01 and Milnesafc like this.
  3. larbel

larbel Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3 saloon

DSG 7R/S3 should run 13.1... 14 is really a bad launch even for manual? Stage 2 R/S3 should be able to keep up with STOCK RS3 lol

Rob2k68 likes this.
  4. Rolly12

Rolly12 Well-Known Member

No where near either of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

:sleeping::sleeping:

Daveotto, AudiNutta, Tom.H and 2 others like this.
  6. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

It's that Civic Type R that surprised me! Front wheel drive yet still comes back and pips the R to the line....thing must be quick once rolling. Do agree, the R should have been DSG.

RSS-S3 likes this.
  7. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

Great video :sunglasses:

That Civic looks absolutely horrible !!!!

Audi Bairn likes this.
  8. msdmjb

msdmjb Well-Known Member

All that proves is the more power you have and assuming the gearing is correct the faster you accelerate.............yawn.
    For most people in Europe handling is deemed more important to which the R/CTR/FRS will be waaaay more involving.
    You pays your (not inconsiderable amount) of money and takes your choice.

9. aussieR

aussieR Active Member

Good result for rs3 beating its rival the A45! Very strange times though. I've seen 12.3/4 previously for A45 so wonder why 0.5 sec slower here.

Seemed all set up for the RS3 to win which is expected anyway. I have no time for comparisons that use Manual R in drags to basically make other cars like Focus RS seem faster. I've seen a sub 13 DSG R before which here would have put it up with A45 and clearly in front of Focus.

I love the Rs3 but I could never justify the $40-50k price above the golf R

10. RSS-S3

RSS-S3 Well-Known Member Team Vegas Yellow Audi S3 Manual

There is no doubt the new RS3 is a absolute beast!

As some have said ...44k start price is a absolute ******* for many!

But those who can indulge in its oozing gooey warm pleasure feeling, it will no doubt become one of the best cars they may ever own!

Jealous is a understatement ;)

AudiNutta likes this.
  11. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Envious you mean as jealousy is a emotive feeling between living humans and the animal kingdom.... Look at it subjectively and it makes no sense at all.... Some on here are putting them into serious debt because of a extra 90 bhp and exhaust sound others that can afford it easily, don't frequent such forums like this..... Cause it's just a toy to them...... Your young and pay a lot of money for your S3....... But want out of it... Why l don't know be proud of what car you have..... Work hard and you'll get whatever you want in the future just don't want Now.....fire it on to even a larger monthly
    Ps other overseas buyers they're more fortunate as it's cheaper and more affordable

12. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 DSG

What about a stage 2 RS3 though ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

jimojameso and Rolly12 like this.
  13. larbel

MTM has 465 ps TTRS, APR is working on Stage 1 but no Stage 2 yet I guess... But hey, for S3, that's what TTE525R is for LOL

14. larbel

Isn't UK one of the cheapest country for cars already???? I paid WAY more than 44k for my S3... RS3 is 80K GBP starting price over here!

Ozmosis and RSS-S3 like this.
  15. RSS-S3

RSS-S3 Well-Known Member Team Vegas Yellow Audi S3 Manual

A boy can dream......A boy can dream :)

jassyo06 likes this.
  16. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi RS3

Not quite accurate Jassy, the FL is roughly 15% more expensive in Poland than they are in the UK. My Pre-FL car was about 12% more when I ordered, the dealer managed to knock a chunk off to virtually match the UK price, though...
    Scandinavian countries are even worse...

17. msdmjb

msdmjb Well-Known Member

What larbel/Ozmosis said.
    In France an RS3 when well spec'd is approx 70k euro..........not cheap. the DSG S3 starts at 54k euro again not cheap. The problem with French pricing is that there is no road fund licence but normally a one off upfront emissions charge which for the RS3 is 9900euro. Now diesel is falling out of favour there is no doubt the French government policy is to almost force small capacity low emissions petrol cars to the masses.

Buy them soon in the UK before the UK pricing model changes for ever (e.g. fx/emissions). The euro brands cannot continue at the current levels given the long term view on sterling. Even Nissan are warning of price increases as I think 70% of their components are not GBP sourced.

Still wouldn't buy an RS3 though, don't want an auto ;)