1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS Wheels

oat May 19, 2009

1. oat

oat Member

Is there anyway of checking whether they are original wheels and not fakes ie stamps etc??

Cheers

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

If you are reffering to the Audi RSTT wheels, then OE should have and Audi logo stamp on them I think, but the obvious clue would be offset, OE is ET32 or ET33(don't remember which) replica's will be ET35.

3. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

Pop the centre cap off and look for a stamp, a lot of reps also have multi wheel nut holes to fit different cars...

4. oat

oat Member

Thanks!

5. s3ollie

s3ollie Member

its 33, i have just got some new ones.

also may not be definitive answer but the OE ones (that i have seen) seem to have the indent all the way round the spoke, the fakes (that i have seen) the indent fades out halfway down the spoke.

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

ET33 it is then.

RSTT's rims have the lip that goes all the way round the spoke edges and RS4's have the lip that fades away midway down the spoke, both types/styles are available as replica's.

7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

OEM RSTT's have aluminium clad centre caps and reps are generally plastic.