RSQ3 RS Q3 alloy sizes

Scottishpedro

Reaction score
Hi all

I am considering an RS Q3 as my next car. Not that this would be a deal breaker, but I have 2 sets of 17 inch alloys with winter tyres that I have run on my previous 8p s3. The centre bore and PCD etc are the same, but does anyone know if the 17 inch wheels would clear the brakes? Or is 18 inch the minimum?

Cheers in advance

Pedro

Hi Pedro, as presented in this forum Audi Q3 topic, the 20 inch is the best one for your car. I advise you to sold out your previous 8p s3 & to buy new one's. Performance will be better for sure. :blackrs4:

The 17's won't fit as you have 8 pot calipers on the front, which won't clear 17" wheels

Certainly they would stand a better chance, as the front calipers are not so large and 18" rims as standard (at least they were on my 2014 S3) - so not sure why you want to fit 17" rims? But given the S3's have a smaller size space saver, I would say there is a good possibility, but until you try....! Maybe ask that question on the S3 section of this forum, someone may already have done it!

Certainly they would stand a better chance, as the front calipers are not so large and 18" rims as standard (at least they were on my 2014 S3) - so not sure why you want to fit 17" rims? But given the S3's have a smaller size space saver, I would say there is a good possibility, but until you try....! Maybe ask that question on the S3 section of this forum, someone may already have done it!

I have 2 sets of 17 inch alloys with nearly new winter tyres so, although it is a minor detail, it would save me buying a new set of winter wheels. The wheels fitted on my 8p s3 but only just! Even with the Quattro, the roads can get bad around here when it's cold. At the moment I am leaning towards RSQ3 but need to try both