1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS 3 Sportback is back by popular demand

Discussion in 'RS3 Forum' started by RobRS, Jul 19, 2012.

1. MBK

MBK Well-Known Member

[Jul 25, 2012]
    [​IMG]

Popped down to Halford's this morning and bought myself a chrome X, they don't sell a + sign, but I turned it on it's side and I think it looks :cool:, like when I had Type R badges on my Citroen AX 1.0 (with a GT spoiler though so it looked the part).

I'm hoping you can help me with a couple of problems though:

- I told my insurance company and they've doubled my premium, seems a bit steep for a badge, even though it clearly adds at least 20 bhp and £10K to the value. Do you think an insurer like Greenlight would be more understanding?

- My Mrs won't let our 2 year old in the car as it now clearly says 3+ on the back, she's like that with toys too. She's saying I will just have to get a 1M instead, trouble is they don't make those anymore and I'm rubbish at power slides. :sob:

So I'm in a dilemma, that 3M glue is proper sticky and I can't get the badge off. The only answer I can see is to sell the car do you think the 'addition' will add to the value? Looks like this is gonna cost me a lot more than the 99p X badge after all...

(Still with me, :laugh: good. This thread seemed to be getting a bit serious to me so I thought it was time to have some fun and hope you read the post that way. For the record I have not been to Halford's either now or for many years. I did once own an AX 1.0 - no type R badges or spoiler though. The + badge was added by the wonders of Photoshop, not 3M's finest glue.)
  2. g5und

g5und Member

[Jul 25, 2012]
    I too emailed Audi UK and received a phone call yesterday from a customer relations manager. She tried to explain that the marketing team had never advertised that the RS3 would be limited to 500 in the UK. I went on to say that the dealers and the press clearly advertised this was the case and were never corrected at any point by Audi. At the end of the day, whether Audi UK clearly advertised it or not, they were happy to allow customers to believe that was the case.
  3. Sticks

Sticks Member

[Jul 25, 2012]
    Seems like the same woman (Gemma I think) she said same to me but soon passed me to her manager who's now taking it seriously with the managing director of Audi uk , all I can say is call them back and ask to speak to mr Singh the customer relation manager and things will progress 100%
  4. Sticks

Sticks Member

[Jul 25, 2012]
    Love it m8!!!
  5. MBK

MBK Well-Known Member

[Jul 25, 2012]
    Thanks, glad you've still got your sense of humour in all this!
  6. Sticks

Sticks Member

[Jul 25, 2012]
    I think I'm gonna fly up halfords before they close do you know if they have the number 1 with 3m sticky tape that way I know I'm future proof

Coming soon the rs3 +1 limited run of 500 to see how good they sell
  7. Sticks

Sticks Member

[Jul 26, 2012]
    Hi guys , just had a phone call from Audi uk confirming 100% that there will never be a rs3+ released in the uk and Audi are sending me this in writing today 100%

Hooray for now
  8. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jul 26, 2012]
    LMFAO, good luck, mate was told same thing & still hasnt got in writing, where they offered him the difference between RS3 & RS3+ should they make the +
  9. MBK

MBK Well-Known Member

[Jul 26, 2012]
    Doesn't RS3 +1 =
    [​IMG]
    :yum:
  10. Sticks

Sticks Member

[Jul 26, 2012]

Well I have been promised this for today tomorrow latest and Audi know if they don't give it to me in writing then the ball will keep rolling with them in our favour , the guy dealing with this even told me he was on this site last nite, so if your reading this Audi hurry up with this letter so you/we can put this to bed
  11. Sticks

Sticks Member

[Jul 26, 2012]
    Here the email , just came through

Dear Mr *****,

As discussed earlier today, following conversation between myself and the Audi Product & Marketing Management Team I can confirm that there are no plans to bring an Audi RS3+ (plus) Model to the UK market.

I trust that this information has addressed the concerns as discussed.

PS – apologies but I have had to write this from my colleagues computer as I am experiencing systems issues today.

Regards

Amareak Singh
    Audi UK

Kind Regards

Darren Hitchen

Customer Relations Manager
    Audi UK Customer Services
    Tel: 0800 699 888
    Fax: 0113 3932584
    [​IMG]
    quattro81 likes this.
  12. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

[Jul 26, 2012]
    I'll still put money on it that a RS3 Plus will be in our dealerships by then end of Quarter 4 2012!

If I am wrong I will post on here with apologies! :icon_thumright:
  13. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

[Jul 26, 2012]
    how much of your money, exactly?
  14. Sticks

Sticks Member

[Jul 26, 2012]
    I hope so too so I can get one for free
  15. MBK

MBK Well-Known Member

[Jul 27, 2012]
    I see the R8 Plus is now the Audi halo model. Good video over on Evo:
    New 2013 Audi R8 coupe and Spyder news details and pictures | evo

Looks like Plus is becoming the new 'top' of the line, doesn't mean we will or won't see an RS3+ this time but I'd have thought it was almost a certain on the new A3 platform at some point.