1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Routine Maint..

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by JAmenda, May 15, 2004.

1. JAmenda

JAmenda New Member

[May 15, 2004]
    Hello all,

I am new to the Audi Scene and look forward to making lots of new friends here!

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on routine maint and what i should or should not attempt to do on my own. Look forward to hearing from you all!

Jason
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

[May 15, 2004]
    Welcome JAmenda

Best way to find out is to post up your problems and see what other have to say(well thats what i would do)

You can pretty much do everything youself(within reason) all you will need is: time, money, and patience. I say the best way to get familiar with your own car is to work on it.
  4. ImolaS4

ImolaS4 Member

[May 15, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    JAmenda said:
    Hello all,

I am new to the Audi Scene and look forward to making lots of new friends here!

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on routine maint and what i should or should not attempt to do on my own. Look forward to hearing from you all!

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]
    Welcome Jason!

Which model and year car do you have? How many miles? And which country are you in?

These basic answers will get us started with basic advice. Other than that, I agree with Audi A4 Quattro.
  5. JAmenda

JAmenda New Member

[May 16, 2004]
    I have a 96 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro with 85,000 miles. I am in the US. Thanks you your help and the warm welcome!
  6. ImolaS4

ImolaS4 Member

[May 16, 2004]
    Here's a quote (edited) I found written by an owner of a 2.8 Quattro.

"The only drawback with the '97 2.8's are that they have less horsepower than the '98 & newer models. This is because '97's are 12 valve engines, while '98 & newer are 30 valve engines.

There's not alot of mods you can do to the 2.8's unless you want to shell out BIG $$ (supercharger comes to mind). However, if the stock power is good enough for you, then the 2.8 is a great engine."

My advice: Always do the oil changes earlier. Keep an eye on your control arms/bushings. Check the belt and replace it now if it hasn't been done recently by the previous owner.
  7. JAmenda

JAmenda New Member

[May 17, 2004]
    Thanks for the info. I will take care of the oil and have the dealer check the belts etc at 90K! Thanks again!