1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Route 66?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Reload, May 7, 2013.

1. Reload

Reload Bird is the Word!

[May 7, 2013]
    Given all the petrolheads on this forum I have a bit of a random question.

I'm doing a fly / drive in America in a couple of months (planned from scratch by me, much better than one of the packages) for 16 days I have an economy hire car (cost more than anything else) but on the final day I have hired some American muscle (a V8 Chevvy Camaro SS :yahoo:)

My plan on this day is to drive from Las Vegas down to Route 66 (or what remains of it) as I need a photo - me, muscle car, Route 66 sign. Has anyone done this drive before and can advise the best place to find a nice picturesque part of the road suitable for such a photo opportunity? Any advise would be much apprec, as I don't particularly want to be lost out in the desert! :tumble:

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

[May 7, 2013]
    66 doesn't go through Vegas, head out south east towards Kingman and you will find several parts of it, all denoted with a historic sign. There used to be a Route 66 museum there, not sure if it still exists. About a 2hr drive each way.

Yep, its still there
    Route 66 Museum - Kingman, Arizona
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  4. Reload

Reload Bird is the Word!

[May 8, 2013]
    Thanks, Kingman seems a good place to start.