1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rough running

j4jon Jan 8, 2006

1. j4jon

j4jon Member

My A3 (2001 1.8T) has been running a bit rough recently almost like it is misfiring but only occasionly. It also has had a loss of power and the fuel economy has dropped off. I took it down to Audi on Friday and got the DTC's read and was told it needed a new "air mass meter" (cost ~£75 p/n:06A906461LX) and a "Pressure change over valve" (cost ~£44 p/n:078906283A).

After doing some reading up I understand the "air mass meter" as maf and that they fail regularly, but where is the best place to get one from Audi or Vagparts?

Also what is a "Pressure change over valve"? Is it the same as a diverter valve / dump valve or is it something else?

Then finally is it worth paying audi £293.16 to have all the work done or just buy the parts and fit them myself? I am quite confident I could do the work and I have just bought an obd cable so I can use VAGcom. Will I need to clear the codes once the parts are replaced?

TIA

2. Buster

Buster Member

The best place to buy a MAF is the stealers unfortunatly. They are reconditioned MAFs and on a exchange bases.

Fit it yourself!!!