1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rough running

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by j4jon, Jan 8, 2006.

1. j4jon

j4jon Member

[Jan 8, 2006]
    My A3 (2001 1.8T) has been running a bit rough recently almost like it is misfiring but only occasionly. It also has had a loss of power and the fuel economy has dropped off. I took it down to Audi on Friday and got the DTC's read and was told it needed a new "air mass meter" (cost ~£75 p/n:06A906461LX) and a "Pressure change over valve" (cost ~£44 p/n:078906283A).

After doing some reading up I understand the "air mass meter" as maf and that they fail regularly, but where is the best place to get one from Audi or Vagparts?

Also what is a "Pressure change over valve"? Is it the same as a diverter valve / dump valve or is it something else?

Then finally is it worth paying audi £293.16 to have all the work done or just buy the parts and fit them myself? I am quite confident I could do the work and I have just bought an obd cable so I can use VAGcom. Will I need to clear the codes once the parts are replaced?

TIA
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Buster

Buster Member

[Jan 8, 2006]
    The best place to buy a MAF is the stealers unfortunatly. They are reconditioned MAFs and on a exchange bases.

Fit it yourself!!!