1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rough running

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by j4jon, Jan 8, 2006.

  1. j4jon

    j4jon Member

    May 10, 2003
    Likes Received:
    My A3 (2001 1.8T) has been running a bit rough recently almost like it is misfiring but only occasionly. It also has had a loss of power and the fuel economy has dropped off. I took it down to Audi on Friday and got the DTC's read and was told it needed a new "air mass meter" (cost ~£75 p/n:06A906461LX) and a "Pressure change over valve" (cost ~£44 p/n:078906283A).

    After doing some reading up I understand the "air mass meter" as maf and that they fail regularly, but where is the best place to get one from Audi or Vagparts?

    Also what is a "Pressure change over valve"? Is it the same as a diverter valve / dump valve or is it something else?

    Then finally is it worth paying audi £293.16 to have all the work done or just buy the parts and fit them myself? I am quite confident I could do the work and I have just bought an obd cable so I can use VAGcom. Will I need to clear the codes once the parts are replaced?

  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

  3. Buster

    Buster Member

    Dec 3, 2005
    Likes Received:
    The best place to buy a MAF is the stealers unfortunatly. They are reconditioned MAFs and on a exchange bases.

    Fit it yourself!!!

Share This Page