Rough price help.. Disks and Pads all round?

Dec

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need to get some new disks and pads for the front and rear of my car. I'm just wondering what sort of price I should be expecting to pay for parts and then labour? I want OEM disks, no cheap copies and im thinking of possibly going for some uprated pads.

Anyone know how much fitting will be as well?

Thanks,

Dec

I was 300 all round but never asked what they used think some of the stuff was bosch. if thats any help.

it takes probably 2 hours to do the job at a normal speed, so check the labour rate with the garage. if your concerned about the parts that are to be fitted then tell the garage you want original parts, and if they make a fuss about it, buy the parts yourself from euro car parts/gsf/audi and simply pay the garage to fit them.

if the garage do supply the parts, tell them you want to see an invoice to confirm the make of the parts otherwise they may buy cheap parts and charge you a huge mark up.

Thanks Guys, sorry for the lateish reply I have been busy with work.

One of my good friends is an Ex mechanic and has a workshop so I may just get the parts and then he will fit them for me rather than paying a garage to fit parts I have brought anyway. Never had to replace brakes before (only been driving 2 and a half years) so all this is new to me!

Thanks very much :)

Just got mine back from service (at 51,000 miles...)

Got an advisory warning - "Your pads are ok but your front disks are nearly worn out...."

The world's gone mad - bring back asbestos based pads!

Advisory means they have 30-50k left on them, lol, as thats the usual line they give, they maybe correct but do a visual inspection yourself mate

18 months ago, Audi told me my discs and pads were shot and were bordering on dangerous. 6 months later it passed an MOT with no advisorys and its still on the same set up now 14k later!

My local garage says they are not far off now but Audi were defo trying it on!!!

This may be a daft question to some, but how would you tell a nackered disk? Apart from the obvious cracks etc and not stopping?

:icon_thumright:

Depth of used disc would be good start

I'll be selling my FRONT S3 set up next week, covered 2,300 miles and immaculate, a great upgrade for £400 and plug and play.

Discs, pads, calipers, lines etc..

Alternatively I'd go with buying oem parts independntly and having an independant fit them, brakes is basic stuff for any workshop.

Assuming that includes the carriers aswell as these are different for 345mm, going rate fella has been less tbh for a while now but your parts so your choice, but I have an A3 SB for a project so maybe a consideration, let me know when of the car please.

Whats going on out of interest?

It will be carriers as well as the new system is developed totally for the S3. AP racing are doing the development, it's a 6 piston kit with grooved discs similar to the one they use on the BMW E46 M3 but with lightweight carriers, discs and bells. They should be immense.

I think my oem set up is worth a few quid extra than the others I;ve seen advertised as they are just 2 months/2,000 miles old so immaculate, any less and I would be wiser to keep them to put back on come PX/Sale time for the car. OEM stuff will be off by Tuesday 23/03.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the help guys,

I took the disks off my old golf, and so my friend is going to show me how to do these so I gain some more experience working on cars myself :)

Managed to score OEM parts at cost from Euro Car Parts for £90 in the end so these will go on ASAP as my brake warning light came on yesterday :(