1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rough idle really rough

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by audiv6quattro, Mar 4, 2011.

1. audiv6quattro

audiv6quattro Member

[Mar 4, 2011]
    Hi all hope everyones ok I've got a 2.6 v6 quattro and when it gets warm and I dip the clutch or put it in neutral it idles really rough it goes right up to 3000 revs then drops to 1000 and bounces between 1000 revs and 2000 revs and while this is happening when driving the car is really jolty and really not nice to drive. Do you think it could be a idle control problem if so is this located under the throttle body.I've changed all the breather pipes ect so no leaks.thanks in advance for your replys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 5, 2011]
    You need to scan her, but it could the mafia or even coolant sensor to name just a few thing.
  4. audiv6quattro

audiv6quattro Member

[Mar 5, 2011]
    Cheers docurley I'll get her scanned as soon a I get the funds recently lost my job do you have any idea how much a scan will cost mate
  5. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 6, 2011]
    Post up in the VAGCOM section for help with a scan saying what area you live and someone might do it free, also add a request to this thread.
  6. auroan

auroan Active Member

[Mar 6, 2011]
    ISV all day long for the idle... but you mention it's poor when driving as well, so yeah as Doc says; a scan is needed first.
  7. audiv6quattro

audiv6quattro Member

[Mar 6, 2011]
    Yeah when I drive then take foot off throttle it jolts as if I'm braking hard if that makes sense it's very hard to explain but it's like it's kangarooing all the time
    Thanks for replys guys