Rotary polisher options

VrX

Reaction score
Looking at getting rotary polisher for 3 reasons mainly... 1, generally bring out a better shine 2, few minor corrections needed (very minor scratches look like a small area has been rubbed with a dry cloth, almost unnoticeable but I've seen it now! 3, to learn!

Looking at getting this one as very low budget... http://www.valetingproducts.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=388157&prodid=15745353

That seems to give few basic needs such as electric speed control and soft start plus a few pads to start with. I've got one destroyed vehicle sitting in garage and another which previous owner used to park in a bush to practice on before I go near my paintwork but just want to make sure it's something that will actually be ok before I buy.

Sorry I cant help you on that specific model, but any reason you are looking at rotary and not a DA?

Much harder to do serious damage, and with new compounds and MF pads, really has started to bridge the gap between the speed of correction between rotary and DA.

You have to be a muppet to do damage , if your that unskilled you shouldn't be mopping at all .

Going by the picture that's the older heavier model .

Here's the ligher , newer , and can be had on it's own from £38 .

2016 01 19 084144

Main reason looking at that over DA is price.

Cheers, where are they up for that?

Got a silverline Orange. Soft start, enough speed control to be going seriously fast and nice and slow. Was about £50. Spent a few more quid on some 3M pads.

Cant go wrong.

Reactions: Neil_M
i have something similar and its quite capable, easy to learn using and have achieved some great correction results, the machine selecttion isnt what does the damage anyway, poor selection of compound, pads, speed, pressure applied and technique can all cause more damage than good. But can all be easily mastered

Cheers, right now I'm off to bed before I spend anymore money! (and I've got to get up at 4)

Hang on lightweight , we haven't done compounds yet , lol .

4am , yike .

Reactions: VrX and lfcrule1972
Lol true just give me a list of what to spend money on lol

Whatever you like .

I've experience of

3M Fast Cut - coarse
Farecla G3 - medium
Farecla G10 - fine