1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roor Bars and DIY mods?

adupuy Oct 17, 2007

1. adupuy

adupuy New Member

:readit: Hi all, Post virgin please be gentle.
    I am after a genuine set of roof bars for my Avant (with roof rails). I think £140 at dealers is a bit steap. Anybody know where I can get some?

I also found a site where Audi DIY mods were desribed with Pics. I cant find it again. I am looking to add a front centre armrest, reversing sensors (my wife drive the car a lot) and red LEDs in the interior light unit.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. icenutter

icenutter Member

Ebay - I set up a saved search and just kept on bidding until I got some for a good price (after one bloke said that they were broken after the end of the auction and then sold them again 3 months later)
    http://www.vagparts.co.uk - you have to email them as not everything is on the site.
    www.roofbox.co.uk - for non-genuine bars

And maybe

www.audiretrofit.co.uk/

3. adupuy

adupuy New Member

Thanks, Audi Retrofit is the one but I am after some origonal Audi roof bars. Not sold at Roofbox .co.uk

4. adupuy

adupuy New Member

I am also after fitting an iPod cable, if I win an auction on Ebay. Has anybody done this and is it any good?

5. Light Speed

Light Speed Buff my shiny red one...

Are you sure that the Audi roof bars aren't simply rebranded Thule ones? I had a look at some A3 roofbars in the dealers and they were.

I ended up getting Thule ones for around £70 all in for brand new (feet and bars).

6. pablo

pablo Active Member

I priced the Thule ones in halfords, was around £100 for the bars and feet.

7. jase0851

jase0851 Member

8. mr.brown

mr.brown Member

9. adupuy

adupuy New Member

Thanks Jase0851, as Mr Brown says different type. Found loads of them ones but not the Avan roof rail ones.