1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Room for Forced Induction?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by 8ball, Jun 15, 2004.

1. 8ball

8ball New Member

[Jun 15, 2004]
    Hello,

Im new to the Audi scene. Actually, never really been interested in them ever since I recently got my S4. To me, it's pretty slow. No, im not a troll or want to start a flame war, but I came down from a 611rwHP 03 Cobra which pulled at an speed like nobody's business. Now, I know that the new S4's probably arent capable of these same numbers, but is there any way to fit a turbo or supercharger under that crammed engine bay? How strong are the internals? Will I have to buy some forged rods and low-compression pistons? Will the rest of the drivetrain be able to handle this increased HP and TQ?

Thanks for the replies.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. MingBluS3

MingBluS3 Member

[Jun 15, 2004]
    S4's already have a Turbo don't they?
  4. 8ball

8ball New Member

[Jun 15, 2004]
    Am I in the wrong forum? I have the most current S4 with the 4.2L V8....
  5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 16, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    8ball said:
    Hello,

Im new to the Audi scene. Actually, never really been interested in them ever since I recently got my S4. To me, it's pretty slow. No, im not a troll or want to start a flame war, but I came down from a 611rwHP 03 Cobra which pulled at an speed like nobody's business. Now, I know that the new S4's probably arent capable of these same numbers, but is there any way to fit a turbo or supercharger under that crammed engine bay? How strong are the internals? Will I have to buy some forged rods and low-compression pistons? Will the rest of the drivetrain be able to handle this increased HP and TQ?

Thanks for the replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

There would not be enough space for 2 turbo's but i do believe there are companies that have a supercharger upgrade in the pipeline.

Rich
  6. 8ball

8ball New Member

[Jun 17, 2004]
    Cool, thanks for actually helping out guys. It doesnt seem like there will be much out in the near future....and that supercharger kit says they are not planning on making it a production unit any time soon...