1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roofbars on the Sportback.....

KKM May 29, 2008

1. KKM

KKM Member

Anybod know if you can fit crossbars to the roof rails so you can attach a bike or 3 to??

Suggestions / Compatible makes if Audi dont do ones.

Thanks in advance

Kev

:confused::banghead:

2. PNH80

PNH80 Low life livin' the high life.

Sorry i can't be any help here BUT.... I did see a missano red A3 S-Line sportback with roof rails in Chesterfield Tesco last night (5-sh).

No joke, one of the nicest A3's i've ever seen. If it belongs to anyone on here.... Nice work sir!

3. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

There are three bicycle holder roof bar attachments listed in ETKA for the A3 SB.

8E0 071 128 A (Bicycle Holder - 1 Bike)
    7M0 071 128 C (Bicycle Holder - Fork Mounting, for one bicycle)
    7M0 071 128 B (Bicycle Holder - Fork Mounting, for one bicycle)

4. KKM

KKM Member

cheers Marc

Spot on yet again!!

5. redbutcher

redbutcher Member

If you don't want to go the Audi route - check roofbox.co.uk out also.

I've got Thule bars - bought them to use on the Golf I used to have - only thing I had to change was the footpack to make them fit the Audi.

6. KKM

KKM Member

cheers.

I just wondered as the roof rails dont look that high off the roof if that makes sense.... how many bikes you got mounted?

any pictures??

:happy:

7. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

You have to fit the cross bars and then the bike fittings on top, I picked genuine audi ones up off ebay for about £35 if you need some pictures I can get them at the weekend, although I don't have any bike attachments yet

8. redbutcher

redbutcher Member

They should be fine mate - mine doesn't have roof rails, but that link in my original post shows that Thule do a set to fit when you do have roof rails.

I normally have 3 bikes on the roof - could easily get 4 on if I had another bike carrier though.

I'm doing the Norwich 100 ride in a weeks time and will have 3 road bikes on the roof then for the trip to Norwich - will get some pics for you :)

EDIT - as Steve says, cross bars first 1 at front and 1 at rear and then the bike carriers go on top of the cross bars.