1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof Wrap - What's your thoughts?

Cruiser89 Jan 2, 2012

1. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

So was a little bit bored today and was having a little play on Photoshop...

Wanted to see what my car would like like with a black wrap on the roof...

What's your thoughts? Yay or Nay?

(Also, is it worth doing the top part of the rear spoiler or just leave it as it is?)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Looks good :) thinking of doing the same to my B5...

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

I like it. So thats a yay from me.

4. cloughy

cloughy Member

Nice, do it.

5. TimG

TimG Active Member

Maybe do the mirrors too?

6. Cruiser89

Gonna upgrade to some Carbon Fibre ones when I order some carbon engine parts :p

7. Rogue-24-84

Rogue-24-84 Member

do it.... im doing mine that textured carbon effect vinyl, gotta do the spoiler too tho or it'l look odd, way to look at it is if you grow to not like it its easily removed!! not like its been resprayed :)

8. iamwhatiammomo

iamwhatiammomo Member

Personally i think cuz of your rims, a matte titanium (grey) would look good- but that depends on your grill, cant tell if its black or silver.. & theres a guy round my end, with a white bmw m3 rocking some ch-r's & matte black roof looks smashing

9. Helifella

Helifella Co-Driver ~ Hattie Moderator Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Looks good, was thinking about it for my SB too

However unless you have the ali roof bars which the pic doesn't show that you have, i've been told it is rather difficult to get a good straight edge to the wrap along either side of the roof as there is no real gutter etc

10. Cruiser89

I've got a BE so it's a black surround.

I'm also getting both my valances wrapped in the same colour and maybe the fog grills :)

11. Cruiser89

Na I don't have them.

It's true, but the guy whose gonna do it has tinted all my cars and all my customers cars too. He does wrapping and is damn good so I'm not too worried. He will make sure it looks good and is done correct.

12. iamwhatiammomo

iamwhatiammomo Member

How about the spoiler? in that case your car will look like this- LOOKS AWESOME

[​IMG]
    Not the bonnet

13. Ben H

Ben H On a journey...

Wrap is the 3-spoke wheel of the 2010's.

14. chris1988brown

chris1988brown Member

do it mate ive just had mine wraped in carbon fiber didnt get spoiler done still undecided to get spoiler done or not
    [​IMG]

15. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member Team Daytona Team V8 VCDS Map User quattro Audi Q7 TDi

spoiler needs doing as on the versions with the open sky sunroof the spoiler is black on them and it continues the look so to speak.

That solar one looks cool im so tempted by that as the colour if i decide to go spec a bnib s3 sportback BE.

16. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

i like that but they don't look so nice without the spoiler done too

17. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

A no, from me.

18. slade777

slade777 Member

I like. Unsure on the spoiler as well but as Fran said panoramic roofs have black spoilers. Worth doing the spoiler can always be easily removed.

19. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen Jen @ Juicy Detailing Site Sponsor

I've been told that there is a new technique for doing wraps where they use a tool similar to that which is used for cutting cheese (cheese wire?? Not sure if there is a more technical name?!) so instead of having to cut on the car which of course marks the paint this process is much better.

All I would add is think about how your going to look after it, depending on whether you go for gloss, carbon, satin etc....

20. pinterovski

pinterovski Member

Leave the spoiler as it is!
    On solar orange it looks perfect!

Really dont understand why people want to have that looks like open sky roof,
    if you want the open sky roof then change the car!

21. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

Roof wrap has been done to the death over here in Northern Ireland for the past 3-4 years in every colour, shade and shape so a big no from me.

22. S.

S. Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi S3 Manual

A BIG NO from me :D

23. audigex

audigex Active Member

It suits the orange, but IMO on the white it makes the car look too long, like a wonky A4 Avant.

24. Cruiser89

I don't want to make it look like it has a sky roof. If I did, then I would have ordered it with one.

I believe it makes the car stand out a bit more.

25. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen Jen @ Juicy Detailing Site Sponsor

Thumbs up for the solar orange for me :wub: but then i'm biased as I love this colour!

pinterovski likes this.
  26. willowsdad

willowsdad Sideways

It's a nice colour on the S3 but near me there's a solar orange Q7! It's just far too much IMO. I quite like the black wrap on just the roof, but as Ben says further up, is it the 3 spoke of the moment? A bit like viper stripes and fast and furious style decals, they had their time and place now they just look a bit silly. Just my opinion.

27. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of wraping roof in black gloss on mine however got few questions reg this. Is it save and wont damage the paint yet easy to remove if I change my mind later on? Will it not look chav?:p

28. MTRL

MTRL Split Grill!

I like the look of the photoshopped image :icon_thumright:

29. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Booooooost Regional Rep VCDS Map User Gold Supporter

Looks better in real life than your photoshop effort... go with what you like, but not sure I'd do the same.

30. Cruiser89

Ok so this is a rather old thread resurrection but haven't had a chance to spend any time or money on my motor for a while due to being so full on at work.

Anyway, getting just the roof wrapped next Thurs. If it looks weird then will get the spoiler done as well.

To complete the look, the fog grills are getting sprayed gloss back the week after and I'm gonna wrap the lower valance in 1080 3M carbon wrap.

Also getting some custom made carbon fibre wing mirrors made up by these guys who are local to me. As its all genuine carbon it takes a few weeks to get them made up.

Carbonwurks

Will post up pics as and when.

31. K13 ASJ

K13 ASJ Member

Hi cruiser, do u mind telling me how much the carbon mirrors are costing you?

32. Ironborn

Ironborn English...not so good

Not a good idea in my opinion, they are very easy to pinch.

33. Minstadave

Minstadave Member

Looks chavtastic. Bail out!

34. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

IMO black roof wraps are a bit carbon/pan roof phoney.
    Ok at a glance, naff when you realise it`s a big sticker.

Mirrors sound good, leave the roof as it is.

35. Ironborn

Ironborn English...not so good