Roof Rail question

~RS~

Reaction score
I wanted to switch out my black roof rails for chrome ones, but after reading what a tedious task it is to retrofit roof rails I started thinking about the possibility of spraying my ones without removing them from my car... Is this just a bad idea or does anyone think it's feasible?

I suppose it is doable but on an a3 - i would strongly advise so get anything done properly. There's no point of doing a half-**** jobs as it will ruin the car... I had a cheap wheel refurb (diff colour, rough edges) and ended up getting it done properly again which cost me £45 more which i could have saved...

Defo worth doing it properly?

Is it really that hard to change the roof rails ?

Cheers Kaz219,

I hear you about doing it properly, just seemed like lots of work just to change out the rails. From what I read the head lining must be removed amongst other time consuming procedures. Just checked with Audi and they quoted me £226.19 each chrome roof bar! Couple that with the cost of having them switched over for a real shock :wacko: Guess I'll definitely be spraying them then :) unless I see some on ebay etc, but I will look into having them removed for the job to be done properly.

Anybody retrofitted them on here?

Cheers for the advice mate, how you liking your new A3?