1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roof not opening

noddy tt Apr 11, 2010

1. noddy tt

noddy tt Reidy

HI THERE, Summer has arrived in Glasgow!!!!! guess what my roof has decided not to work!!!! i now have an A4 nonvertible sorry convertible. i used the roof the day before and everything was fine,however this morning i jumped in to the car sun shining pressed the roof button.... no lights on dash or anything (is the switch broken). I used the tool to manually open the roof pushed it open and the roof will close automatically using the switch. Any ideas / suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for reading.

The weather forecast is for rain tomorrow i believe so no rush:sadlike:

2. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

sounds like the button to me may just need to clean the conectors

3. noddy tt

noddy tt Reidy

Spot on! Used a voltage meter to check the switch for continuity. I then worked out what wires were what then bridged the wires with a staple hey presto the roof opened. I then stripped the switch and one of the metal contacts had moved, re-aligned them refitted all parts and now works fine up and down. Quote for new switch was £35+ so im well chuffed . If it breaks again i will use the staple permanently HA HA . Thanks. SUN IS SHINING, ROOF DOWN AND HOPE TO GET STUCK IN TRAFIC TO TOP UP THE TAN :jump:

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Bloody hell Simon, well done lol !

5. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

ha i knew id get one of the ??? right on here one day lol