1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof Bars

abmunro Dec 24, 2005

1. abmunro

abmunro Member

How much do the roof bars cost for ( B5 saloon )

2. easytease

easytease cheesypeas

halfrauds prolly do them for about £40~ grab them inthe sales

3. I've had the need to carry equipment on roof racks for a good 15+yrs and I have always found that you're looking at over £100 for a decent set... and by that I mean they won't actually damage your roof for at least a year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I personally wouldn't bother with the shops' own brand... they're never a good fit and quality is usually lacking which, as I just said, usually manifests itself as damage to your roof after repeated use. Even first use in some cases I have come across! i.e. paint loss, laquer damage etc.

Manufacturers own brand (at a cost!), because they are designed to fit that actual model, and some of the bigger aftermarket brands are a good bet. Halfords do a few different sets, worth a look in the sales I guess... up to you bro'.

It all boils down to how much you will use it, what you will use it for, and how heavy/cumbersome the things you'll be carrying are... mine was for fairly heavy (30-40KG) Pole Vaulting poles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope that helps.

Cheers

T