1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof bars for New A3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by trevormuk, May 14, 2004.

1. trevormuk

trevormuk New Member

[May 14, 2004]
    Have had a look around for some roof bars for my new A3 ... but there doesn't appear to be any!

Would anyone have more info on what is/will be available ... and how they are fixed to the roof (particularly the bar at the back)

Thanks in advance
    Trev
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. cybrey

cybrey Member

[May 14, 2004]
    The gutterless set I've got now have moved from my MX-3 to my current A3 no problems .. I suspect they'll fit on the new A3.

Its made by Thule and I got it from Halfords.

http://www.thule.co.uk/
    Click on the "UK Application Guide" on the left.

They have part fittings for the new A3.
  4. trevormuk

trevormuk New Member

[May 16, 2004]
    Thanks M8.

What I don't understand is how the roof bar at the back of the car will fix to the roof... on a three door the window is sealed and I can't see anyway the foot mounting would secure onto the
    roof...

Anyone else have any ideas... or seen one fixed?

Cheers
  5. cybrey

cybrey Member

[May 16, 2004]
    Does the new 3 door no longer have opening quater lights like the old one .. if so your probably right.. Although Thule definatly advertise a separate setup for the new A3..

Found the ppl at Halfords were pretty good when I needed one for my MX-3.. actually that may be it.. On that both roof bars fitted in the one door.. made a VERY narrow gap .. but I managed to carry quite a lot on it...
  6. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[May 17, 2004]
    I have a set of Thule roof bars that I use on my current A3 1.8 T (2002). I also have a new A3 2.0TDI DSG on order. Having looked at the Thule web site it seems that they use the same Gutterless Foot Pack (750) on both models and the same roof bars. The only component that is different is the Rapid Fit Kit, which is 1038 for my existing A3 and 1314 for the new A3.

Thule's web site is www.Thule.com

Dave R
  7. trevormuk

trevormuk New Member

[May 18, 2004]
    Brilliant!!! thanks m8. I can now sleep ay night ... as it has been bugging me big time!

Will ask the stealer how much for the Audi system... and then probably pass out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Cheers