Roof bars for A3/S3

julians

Reaction score
When I bought my S3 I tried to order some official roof bars from audi , but I was told they no longer sell them as they have had some problems, they couldnt elaborate on what the problems were.

Anyway, I now have the car and audi still dont sell the bars (despite them being listed in the catalog), so I bought some 3rd party ones (thule), they fit fine and see to be just the job.

I was wondering does anyone know why audi withdrew the official bars? or has anyone had any problems with either the official bars or the thule ones?

Not heard of it, not that I was asking. But try gr1zly, I know he has roof bars:
zimowysetupkr3.jpg

I've got the Thule ones too and they fit fine with zero damage to the car, I only use them approx twice per year but really useful with the S3's shallow boot.

I wouldn't be surprised if a comany like Thule make the Audi ones anyway and just rebrand accordingly.

They are damaging the roor seals ,that why they have withdrawn these bars......

ah I see, I guess that probably applies to all makes of bars as they probably all attach in a similar way.

GUess, I'll just take the risk, got to get my mountain bike moved about somehow.