1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolling something in centre console!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by aadams1x, Nov 17, 2008.

1. aadams1x

aadams1x Member

Hi..This is an odd one, we have an A3 2.0 fsi Auto. There seems to be something rolling in the centre console near the gearbox, when we go right, it rolls right, when left it rolls left! Anyone ever heard of this or know how I can look into the console to see if a marble is loose in there!

My girlfriend says it adds character to the car....i disagree!
  2. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

I have nothing against character but not that type LOL. The glovebox isn't hard to remove providing you have torx to remove the screws. The edge of the dash unclips to reveal a few more, you shouldn't have too much problems finding them all. Then you can return her missing lipstick to her!!!
  3. aadams1x

aadams1x Member

LOL, it is bound to be something stupid in there! It is not the glovebox but the actual centre consol, it does sound very like the area around the auto box....
  4. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator

5. aadams1x

aadams1x Member

Tried that, all comes out surprisingly easily but the noise does seem like iot is coiming from around the gearbox area, but the auto box does not have a leather gaither that can be removed to look inside and see this little gremlin playing with his marbles....ok that sounds wrong!