Rolling road

gaz71

1.8T Quattro Sport AJL
Reaction score
Managed to get my TQS on a rolling road to determine whether or not she was running right, always felt that she was lacking power. Here's the plot;
scan0001.jpg
:undwech:

Not too bad for an old girl, 10years and 118K. Only issue now is that the tuner had a peek at the ECU and has told me that it is a remapped 150BHP. The engine code is AJL. I thought that this engine should have 180BHP as standard and if mapped should be pushing 210-220BHP.
What makes this engine a 180BHP, is it the ECU or different hardware?
Had the test done at Alan Jefferies in Plymouth. Nice fella and some lovely cars in the workshop.
Any advice gratefully received as always.

You should have a 8d0 907 558DA ECU in there. All the TQS's are in reality is remapped 150's from factory as the AJL runs 12 PSI against the massive 8PSI on the AEB

Interesting as Alan opened the ECU box and you could see where someone had resoldered the chip. I sent the ECU off for a postal remap a while back. Methinks I may have been suckered there then. Oh well, you live and learn. Will contact them and find out what they did. Still, not a bad output for a standard engine - no mods yet!

Sucked how? They have done as you asked and mapped your car. The AJL needs a chip replaced to "map" it. that's about right for a std generic remap. Not bad hike in power for £99 mate

Yeah, I suppose. Just looked at the correspondance I had with them and they only quoted power gain of 35BHP so would have expected something nearer to 215BHP. 197BHP ain't bad, guess I'm just greedy :jump:

Last edited:
TBH most std 180's only make 165-170 so it's there or there abouts mate.

Still good value, i would do it if i wasn't changing turbos etc, as i asked them and it was beyond their scope of tuning

Yeah your right. Oh well now to get on with tweaking that power over 200BHP :rockwoot:

mine dynoed at 187 but my curve is nothing like that.
100bhp at 2750 up to 180 at 6000rpm
140ftlbs at 2750 through to 6000rpm
SCAN0033.jpg

Last edited:
fixed.
pink and orange = power and torque

had mine done a few weeks ago and got 182.1 bhp and 209 lb/ft all standard other than new n75j valve, and new 710n diverter and a panel filter, should be getting remapped in the new year so i'll see if it is standard as it showed 16 psi max and the torque is too high for standard, i'll see what they can get from it

Last edited:
Jamie, you got the printout, curious to see power/torque curves Assuming Gaz is cool with us hijacking his thread

i am seriously missing some torque by the looks of things.
actually I think it is just the way the graph I have is laid out. my torque figure still seems lower and doesn't peak until later

Last edited:
Stop putting rolling road printouts up ! I'm gonna have to get mine on now, far too intrigued not too !

Just an update - Got the Torque graph from my rolling road run.

Heres both;

bhp/boost graph
scan0001.jpg

bhp/torque graph
BHP-TORQUE.jpg

Rolling road at Enginetuner Ltd (Plymouth) - http://www.enginetuner.co.uk/