rolling road

T

tinka

whan i had my car checked on the rolling road at power engineering they told me it had 132 bhp at the wheels,and gave me a rough estimate of 170ish at the flywheel,because its auto an accurate figure could'nt be given,

does anyone in the trade or not, know if this is about right,im feeling left behind a bit now ive seen the revo figures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Mine showed 164bhp stock on a rolling road so you are in the right ball park for sure.

[ QUOTE ]
whan i had my car checked on the rolling road at power engineering they told me it had 132 bhp at the wheels,and gave me a rough estimate of 170ish at the flywheel,because its auto an accurate figure could'nt be given,

does anyone in the trade or not, know if this is about right,im feeling left behind a bit now ive seen the revo figures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Auto's are difficult because the rolling road needs to measure the drag on the overrun to add it to the wheel hp, On a manual car you push the clutch pedal down and leave the car in gear on the overrun, it then adds this drag to the wheel hp.

[ QUOTE ]
Mine showed 164bhp stock on a rolling road so you are in the right ball park for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

only thing is my figures were after the oettinger remap,i sometimes have this doubt that the remap loaded or something

If you have doubts it loaded then it hasn't. It was unmistakable when mine was done - it's like chalk and cheese between standard and a remap. I think if you have 132 at the wheels, 170+ at the flywheel does sound right - a lot is lost in the tranmission. I haven't ra'd mine, but I'm expecting close to 180bhp at the flywheel.

maybe its because its a smooth map or something,that its not as noticable,ill have to try out a standard one and compare the two i suppose,