1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rolling road day???

tangerinedream Jun 10, 2011

1. tangerinedream

tangerinedream Member

hi all ive been meaning to get my car on the rollers for a while, does any one know a place near cambridge area or possibly make a meet out of it and could oraganise a day of it :)

2. AndyC

AndyC Moderator Staff Member Moderator

i know a few but not with 4wd rollers.

3. B5QUAT

B5QUAT Member

I used to use Well Lane Turbo Centre in Leeds years ago for rolling road days. Bit of a trek for you though, they are near Leeds. There's also G Force in Aylesbury if they are still going. Both have 4wd Rollers.

4. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

1320mini in St Neots have a pretty decent set of 4wd rollers and arent too expensive and you get 3 runs for the money.

5. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

r-tech in Hinkley (leicestershire) have a 4wd roller IIRC... good bunch there too...

6. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

RTech have 4wd rollers now?!

7. tsporta4

tsporta4 Member

power engineeering dyno dynamics rr best in business for rrs

8. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Have to say I'd be looking for somebody with a set of Dyno Dynamics rollers, they are pretty much the industry bench mark.

9. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

Questionable...

Dynapacks would be the best but then you pay the price...

10. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Dyno Dynamics have a reputation for giving pretty accurate power figures, and dont seem to overread like most of the **** out there.

Most american stuff is pretty garbage, giving useless "wheel power" figures, and generally massively overreading.

11. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

My car has been run on three different sets of DD rollers and has recorded results within 3bhp of each other.