Rocker Cover gasket & half moon seal

Reaction score
Hi does anyone have a how to guide for changing the rocker cover & cam tensioner half moon seal? The rocker cover is self explanatory but I'm more concerned about the cam tensioner half moon seal replacement

Thanks in advance

Well that's really put me off.It doesn't look so simple to replace the half moon gasket. i've heard people say you can simply unbolt the 3 bolts on the cam tensioner and manipulate the seal out resulting on no change to timing. But I'm dubious of this and access won't be easy

I have done it that way to... bit tricker to do but I have rebuilt a fair few 20v heads so its not unknown territory for me..

You will still need to compress the tensioner either way... bolts only need 10nm though... don't over tighten them

Its 4 bolts btw... 3 outside and 1 inside..

<tuffty/>

Reactions: RS3 ROCKS
There easy once you done a few just make sure you line up the timing marks and the number of chain links and you cant go wrong.

I need to do mine but need to get the valve cover pcv hose and puck to tip hose replaced as think there past it on inspection they feel really flimsy/degraded and i think there collapsing under vacuum causing excess crankcase pressure and causing oil to leak past the valve cover gasket.

Tuffty replaced mine at Badger5's a couple of years ago whilst Bill and I enjoyed a brew watching! Been perfect ever since and engine block still shiny ;-)

Reactions: <tuffty/>