Roadhawk Hd Dash Cam

XPOWER

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting myself a dash cam after four prats were racing each other with one of them nearly crashing into me on a round-about just to get in front of me.:mad new:
I couldn't remember the idiots number plate but I thought I might invest in a dash cam if something like that happens again.

There are a few on the market but the one that caught my eye was the RoadHawk HD.
I was wondering if anyone had any opinions about this device or are there alternatives out there.

One functionality I found missing was the ability to connect a rear camera and a forward facing camera to record together. Apart form that it seems to have all the functionality required from a dash cam.

Thanks for your alternatives.
I think I need to do some more reading on these cameras.

It's not as easy as buying the one that takes the highest resolution videos.

Here is an useful introduction video to dash camera:-

I have been looking for a while at a camera set up for my car.

This is an awesome set up:

http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/mi-witness-hd/mi-witness-driver-special

It is also a good price (I am currently waiting till pay day then will likely be getting it)

That's very pricey for only a 720p recording at 30fps, you're better off looking around the Blackvue 650 for that price bracket which records at 1080p front and 720p rear.

Need to consider that bit rate as well as the lower it is, the more artifacts (blockiness) it becomes when there's too much information for the camera to handle.

That's very pricey for only a 720p recording at 30fps, you're better off looking around the Blackvue 650 for that price bracket which records at 1080p front and 720p rear.

Need to consider that bit rate as well as the lower it is, the more artifacts (blockiness) it becomes when there's too much information for the camera to handle.

£299 for two cameras, wifi dongle, hardwiring kit etc is very good.

It is rated as one of the best you can buy, and compared to a lot of other ones it is very discreet.

Personally it is the one I am currently looking at, it is also about £80 cheaper than the Blackvue one as well.

Been reading a lot about cameras today! There are some good ones out there, but I seem to be going back to Roadhawk! I sent them an email and they replied within an hour...so that's always a good start! They come with a 2 year warranty, all the others seem to be 12 months and they are made and based in the UK which is always good living here.