Road trip advice :)

• Thread starter David Dunderdale
  • Start date
D

David Dunderdale

Morning, this is my first post on the site I have be reading a following a few posts for the past week or so.

Just purchased my first A3 1.8l and must say its a great car.

I am going on holiday to France and I was just wondering what parts you think I should change or check prior to going, thermostats etc.

The other thing is how to remove the service notification on the dash

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Hi David, welcome to ASN. Where are you located? Any pics of the car? Road trip sounds good. From what I remember you will need full set of bulbs, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, warning triangle, high viz vest, breathiliser kit ang gb number plate. There will be other items required but cant think of anymore of the top of my head. You may need a vcds scan to reset the service light. Enjoy the forum. :)

Located in Blackburn. Am hoping to give the car a good clean so I will give a before and after topic probably Sunday with pictures of the car.

Yeah I got all the Europe driving gear its more any likely faults etc to check for prior to setting off.

I have a Bluetooth OBDII device that links to my phone, that says there's no faults but its not a vcds so might not pick up everything.

Thanks for the info