1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Tolls here we go again.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by motorbikez, Dec 29, 2007.

1. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

The highways agency are considering using the third lane of the motorways to reduce congestion.Cameras would monitor number plates and you would pay a toll.The hard shoulder would become the new inside lane.

The government never give up trying to scam the motorist recently 1.5million people including myself and a number of people on this site signed a petition against road tolls and the road toll agenda was quietly dropped.

Now they are trying to resurrect it by the back door on the pretext of cutting congestion.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Black Edition Team Brill Red

I'll respond in a mature intelligent manner...F***ing W***ers

4. joost

joost Active Member

:iagree:

5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like a great idea, I'd willingly pay to have my own lane, without all those tossers doing 70 in the outside lane holding everyone up. I presume there will be no speed limit in the private lane? Excellent!
    So what do we use for a hard shoulder then?

6. grathies

grathies More Points Than Portsmouth FC

At first I thought it said Road Trolls and I got scared, I have enough trouble not wiping out half the animal population everytime I get in the car without having to worry about strange creatures patrolling the motorway!

7. marms

marms Member

The Outside lane as nobody is going to pay to travel in it!

Seriously though, how on earth are they going to monitor who's using the third lane? Cameras? whats to stop people nipping into the third lane to over take between cameras? Maybe thats the answer to the 70mph lane hoggers?

8. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore
    Team Vegas Yellow quattro Audi A3

I quite like the idea, they could then put another two cameras on the other two lanes and charge them smaller fees, obviously less for slower caravens and lorrys.

Anyone want to get rich making these cameras? ;)