Road Tax Renewal

You'd think with all that info finally available online (insurance, MOT etc) that non insured/MOT'd vehicles would be a thing of the past?

[ QUOTE ]
You'd think with all that info finally available online (insurance, MOT etc) that non insured/MOT'd vehicles would be a thing of the past?

[/ QUOTE ]

You would have thought so... I say if they are not taxed for a month and not declared off road they should be fined.... May mean it wont rise as much.

Actually what am i thinking... of course it will still rise! Its governemnt isnt it!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I believe that in the near future there will be no MOT certificates. The MOT station will upload the details to DVLA so police will be able to tell if cars are MOT'd or not etc etc.

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that in the near future there will be no MOT certificates. The MOT station will upload the details to DVLA so police will be able to tell if cars are MOT'd or not etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

that system was supposed to be in already, but semens have had problems with it. prob won`t take long for someone to crack it anyway. good idea if it all works proper it might even be on trial in a few garages but not sure on that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yeah police cars around the North Circular (london) have the veh. reg scanner and get details from DVLA apparently. I think what they will do is adopt the congestion charging method of reading plates and have it linked to police so noone can escape paying mot or insurance. Only down side is that there will probably be a significant increase in cloned cars than there are already.

i purchased a car the start of the month and have not yet rec'd the new V5 from DVLA. Iv got the insurance and MOT, Im still ok to apply for tax disc on the day of renewal at the post office right?

[ QUOTE ]
i purchased a car the start of the month and have not yet rec'd the new V5 from DVLA. Iv got the insurance and MOT, Im still ok to apply for tax disc on the day of renewal at the post office right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will have to fill out a form (V62??) but should be ok?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, MOT's will all be done on computers shortly, dont even think u'll get a certificate as it will be all online!!

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the link Rich...

Click here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well f*ck me!!
And all these years I've been sending my wife to stand in a queue att he post office!!
Thanks, that's me out of the doghouse for a while....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is the link Rich...

Click here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well f*ck me!!
And all these years I've been sending my wife to stand in a queue att he post office!!
Thanks, that's me out of the doghouse for a while....

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL, more time for the good lady to keep the house clean lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PMSL, more time for the good lady to keep the house clean lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
But of course.... that's why they get married in white - it's the colour of all domestic appliances /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the link Rich...

Click here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Never knew this was possible i shall never have to worry about getting away from work early again

Great
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is the link Rich...

Click here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Never knew this was possible i shall never have to worry about getting away from work early again

Great
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You can only use the online system if you have a new style MOT certificate though... or your MOT information will not have been uploaded to the DVLA.

Kev.