1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Rage

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by imported_Nigma, Nov 24, 2005.

1. imported_Nigma

imported_Nigma Guest

[Nov 24, 2005]
    Well, today I have officially been a victim of "road rage"....

Here's how it went..... Was driving down the A14 dual caridgeway. Pretty busy in rush hour traffic driving about 40mph. Was next to a lorry (towards the back end of it), when it starts to indicate. So i put my foot down to try and get past it as quick as possible, but was held up by the car in front of me. At this point i was side by side with the cabin of the lorry. He starts to maneuver, whilst I'm next to him. So i start to move over into the central reservation and beep my horn a few times to make sure he knew i was there (the lorry was French).
    He starts to beep his horn frantically but still can't move over as there are cars behind me. For the next 30secs or so, he is still beeping his horn. I wind down my window to show him the finger.

Anyway, about 1min later I'm stationary in traffic, i catch a glimpse of a guy walking down the A14 in between the two lanes. He gets to my car and starts punching the passenger window. Walks around the front, punches the bonnet and then to my side of the car and punches my window a few times whilst swearing and saying a lot of stuff. I look over my left shoulder and see a gap in the traffic, so quickly drive into this gap.

The last thing I see is this guy running back to the lorry, which has probably held up the A14.

My door was unlocked throught this, and I was glad he didn't open it and glad that he didn't get through the glass. (A few scratches from a ring though). He was a pretty big guy with tatoos.

I do take partial blame for this, as I did show him the finger, which probably didn't help the matter. But have been annoyed of lorry drivers who assume they have right-of-way just because of size. Don't get me wrong, nothing against most lorry drivers. Just ones that do this kind of thing.

Anand
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

[Nov 24, 2005]
    Thats proper Sh!t.... glad to hear your ok though....
  4. imported_Rooney

imported_Rooney Guest

[Nov 24, 2005]
    The worst thing you can do is get out of the car! You did the right thing mate!

Had a similar experience with a taxi cab in central london, the guy kicked the side of my car, aiming for my wing mirror!

Unfortunatly I got out the car and was almost arrested by a passing police man, luckily the cabbie realised the error of his ways and didn't press charges.

So note to anyone, dont get out your car, its not worth the hassle!
  5. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Nov 24, 2005]
    years ago one of my mates nearly got knocked off of his bike by a guy in an astra van. After the incident, he followed him down a sliproad down to a roundabout where the van had to stop. He got off of his bike and using his steel toecapped boots kicked in every panel and light on the van until the terrified driver sped off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gifb
  6. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Nov 24, 2005]
    Well done for not getting out of the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Bet I got a road rage earlier in my driving career than anyone else!

Picked up brand new clio first solo drive anywhere, pull into car park - approaching t-junction. stall at t-junction, start car look move away... nope stall again, and again, then realise the car is in third, pull away without having a good enough look around! There's a bike coming towards me, I floor it to safely get out of his way, but he follows me till I park then has a good rant at me whilst I'm in the car feeling more than a little shaken!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif
  7. neil.c

neil.c Senior

[Nov 26, 2005]
    Best bet in future is to keep you hands on the steering wheel, also I would have been on the phone to the police as if he punches your car he is giulty of criminal damage and threatening behaviour
  8. imported_VaulterTim

imported_VaulterTim Guest

[Nov 26, 2005]
    Hang on here...

Road rage or not (I'm definately not condoning that...) I think you're more than a little to blame if what you said was true...

You said yourself...

[ QUOTE ]
    i put my foot down to try and get past it as quick as possible, but was held up by the car in front of me

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you try to get past the guy if there was nowhere to go?? Accelerating when you did just put you in his blind spot for when he made his maneouvre, surely you must have realised this?? He moved over on you because he couldn't possibly have seen you.

If you were at the back of the lorry then why didn't you simply give a quick dab on the brakes? That would have solved everyones problem...

Just my twist on things, glad you're ok etc. but I'd be a bit more careful in future if I were you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

T
  9. neil.c

neil.c Senior

[Nov 26, 2005]
    The vehicle cannot pull out just because it's indicator is on, vehicle on the right has right of way. A classic case of size makes a difference