Road Angel Gem v Pogo Alert

PigPen

Reaction score
As the the SatNav units don't show camera alerts I am thinking of getting one of the above. I have been offered the Gem Deluxe with 3 months free subscription for £160 and the Pogo with 6 months free subscriptions for £190. I don't generally speed but have been caught out before by not spotting a speed change on a dual carriageway near Monmouth by a mobile unit and will be going to new areas soon. Have read lots of fors and againsts just wanted some realistic reviews and comments from people who have used either or who went through the same dilemma. I like the Pogo as it is small and has an 8 hour battery so don't need any trailing wires but then I like the Gem as it constantly updates itself. Any help? And before anyone suggests alternatives I don't have or intend to get a mobile phone for please don't suggest apps. Thanks

I think I saw a device in Robbiemac's car at the weekend.. He may be able to help you.

Reactions: PigPen
the pogo is a nice bit of kit
noce an small
iv got 1 hardwired into the ST3
works good looks good hides away good

Reactions: PigPen
eagle eyes....... RYes3

17b66eee87d7defd2ea3affb55dafca9_zps787213d3.jpg

db6256939bacbad56efcf2fe6c2381d1_zps520390a4.jpg

glad you never noticed my tartan travel blanket in the back seat:laugh:

Reactions: Kelza, RYes3 and PigPen
You sure it wasn't a kilt...............

I use a normal cheapish TomTom Satnav (£80) and have installed the PocketGPSWorld speed camera database with full voice warning and adjustable distances for the warning. Works a treat.

Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras - Speed Camera Download

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/reviews/speed-camera-alerts/voices/andy_asample.wav

Voice Alerts (TomTom Format) for the PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database

After reporting a new camera for their database, I am now also a life member with a free yearly subscription :)

The database has all of Europe in it and includes known mobile sites.