Road and a little trackday

Buzzer

Reaction score
Some advice please guys. I have the following on my 2002 S3.
Custom remap
b5 tip
jetex filter
eibach springs
blistein sshocks
yellow dogbone

i want to tighten up the handling on the track and still have a comfy daily driver.
What would you advise, half thinking of poly top mounts and rear/front bushes?
Opions please on the above and what worked for you.

Powerflex or Superpro bushes will improve things massively.
If you stick with OE top mounts it should keep things still civilised on the road.

Wheel size and tyre choice make a huge difference and don't forget upgrade brakes, even just the right pads and fluid on 312s will make a huge difference and gives real confidence, although they are only so good for so long until the demon heat takes over and spoils the party. It all comes down to budget, there are a few great builds on here for track cars. A few S3's appearing on here too. I went the 4Motion Golf with 1.8T route to be different, basically the same as the S3. I've done a single step at a time approach to appreciate each mod and the money I've spent. Enjoy and welcome to the 4WD VAG track club :) Oh and weight is key, less weight is less to accelerate, brake and steer. Lees weight = more speed.

Mike

Reactions: Buzzer
I've done 4-5 trackdays already. Iv changed the fluid to ATE blue and have brembo pads. Don't want to spend much at all. 1 mod per month maybe. Ie top mounts, what difference could I expect.
Cornering is a bit wallowy.

Replacing things like top mounts and bushes in general will make everything tighter and more accurate on track. It all depends on how old the items on the car are, if they've been on since new, you can just imagine the issues with play in them. Wishbone bushes are good to replace as they greatly affecting the front end feel of the car, you can go on and on.

Also having adjustability within the suspension gives practicality and can yield huge gains. I saw some camber plates on Prawns track car build from Silver Project (on ebay) which are adjustable so you can change them for the track adding camber then resort them back to a more mild setting for the road and save the tyres. Nick reckons good gains from these, along with other recent mods he's carried out.

What circuits have you done on your trackdays?

Mike

Thanks for all your replies, I'm in Ireland and don't have much of a choice, 1 in kirkistown and the rest in mondello park. A very tricky technical tyre eater, but very rewarding when you get it right. Might start off with the wishbone bushes first then.

You sort the front end the back end follows, lol.
What year is your S3? Do you have steel or cast wishbones?

Mike