1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNSe speakers fail

Stol1975 May 1, 2013

1. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

Hi had a quick look for an answer but can't find anything relevant. I was fitting a digital antenna yesterday to my auto dab and somehow I've lost all sound to my speakers. I get a heart beat type pulse come through every 10 seconds or so but no sound. I can't see any loose wiring. It's not the stereo as such cause the speakers don't even work via BT phone operation. Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

2. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Site Sponsor Regional Rep VCDS Map User

Have you played with the fader and balance? Is the problem with all speakers?

Should get it on VCDS to scan for faults.

3. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

Yes I've checked the fade and balance. I have vcds I just need to get my laptop from home to check. I bet it's something silly but can't figure out what I did. It was putting it back in I think.

4. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Site Sponsor Regional Rep VCDS Map User

How did you fit the DAB? With a plug&play loom?

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Disconnect dab, refit as before & test, if problem goes, then look at the dab wiring.

6. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

I've tried disconnecting the dab but its still the same. The weird thing is when I have my satnav on instead of the lovely woman telling me to go my music cuts in for the amount of time the voice guidance would be on. I'm having a play in a minute to find out if I can sort it out.

7. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

Any ideas? I'm stumped as I haven't changed any quadlock wiring :(