1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNSE removal

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by loudchris53, Mar 18, 2013.

1. loudchris53

loudchris53 Member

Hi all, i may be part exing my car this weekend so want to try and get the rns-e out and put my old symphony one back in, aside from getting radio keys and pulling the unit out do i just take the plugs out the back and but them into the symphony?

Thanks
    Chris

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cozza McA

Cozza McA Crunching The Gears
    VCDS Map User

Id say that your one the right lines with just removing it, maybe replace an adapter if the RNSE was installed.
    Not 100% sure though

Ps I'd be intreasted in this if the price is right. Cheers

4. fangio

fangio Well-Known Member

If the quadlock in the back of the rns-e won't fit the Symphony, disconnect the 3 plugs and plug them all into the Symphony. You can't mix them up!

5. BlueSpark

BlueSpark 6th Gear

If you originally had the symphony and retrofitted the RNS-E, then just remove the RNS-E unit and cable adaptors for the quad lock. Plug in Symphony with original leads and recode to let the car know you no longer have sat nav installed.

6. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance in Scotland
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

And if its got Bose swap the pins over.....theres a sticky about it that I made up about converting to RNSE.....just do the reversal.

7. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Bose pins only effect post 2007 cars, and the car will need to be recoded back for the Symphony stereo....